November 26, 2014

All Anna wants for Festivus

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 11th 2006 10:09AM
battlestar galacticaIf I learned anything from last year's wish list, it's this: Be Careful What You Wish For. Last year, I asked the Festivus fairy for a Kate/Sawyer hook-up on Lost. The producers were kind enough to squeeze it in during the very last new episode this year, but it wasn't exactly gratifying. It was weird, because Sawyer was a little too pathetic to have much sex appeal in that episode. This year, I'm only asking for a little sex and violence.

Here's this year's wish list:
  • A freakin' Emmy for Battlestar Galactica Who does Ron Moore have to screw to get a nomination for Best Drama? The writing on this series is so damn smart and the characters are so brilliantly complicated! The themes are deep and meaningful and the storylines are thought-provoking. For that matter...

• Good television honored at the Emmys This year, I wish that the members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences who nominate shows for Emmys actually watch television. Instead of just listening to the buzz, how about tuning it out and judging what is good television? Redeem yourselves. Prove to me that the Emmys aren't a joke. Or nominate The Sopranos again. Whatever.
  • A second season for Men in Trees What can I say? I'm a fan.
  • Studio 60, but better I like Matt Alby. I like Danny Tripp and Jordan McDeere. I even am starting to like Harriet Hayes. What I don't like right now is Aaron Sorkin. The show is so heavy on Sorkin-style television, such as the obligatory walk-and-talk and the random facts flying out of people's mouths, that it overshadows the characters. Just cut back on the Sorkin-ness and give us a good story!
  • Good Dirt I am intrigued after seeing promos for Courtney Cox's new show, Dirt, while watching reruns of That '70s Show on FX. I think it's the lyrics, "This time you've gone too far", coupled with the flashing bulbs and mysterious people that have me interested. I'm not sure what to expect from Courtney Cox, but my hopes are high since FX had delivered some pretty damn awesome series (Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck) lately.
  • Seriously, you guys. Kill off Nick Stokes already! When was the last time you said to a co-worker, "Oh my God! Did you see CSI last night?" Can't remember? That's because it's been stuck in a rut for over a year. The writers at CSI are trying to mix things up in order to keep their ratings, and they're failing miserably. From killing off Sam Braun to putting really crappy masks on guest stars, it's not going well. They need to give us some super-spooky villains and, for the love of Grissom and Sarah, and kill Nick Stokes!
  • Olivia & Elliot hook-up on SVU Hell. Last year's wish came true. Let's see what happens when Olivia and Elliot finally admit to the sexual attraction that they've been feeling for each other for... oh... the last eight seasons. And now for the long shot...
  • A new Joss Whedon series Just like that Barbie Dream House I never got, I'm wishing for some new Joss on TV. I miss Joss. While I'm thrilled that he has moved on to bigger and better (and higher paying) things like Wonder Woman, I still feel like the new television landscape sucks without him. I want prolific characters, witty dialogue and self-aware sci fi heroes-- which I long for in Heroes and Studio 60, but both keep coming up short. Veronica Mars eases the pain a bit.

Samsara

Drew, Drew, calm yourself.

And seriously, killing off Nick is not going to do it because George Eads has a hell of following. So give it up already.

December 24 2006 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

yes! KILL NICK OFF! not kidnapped/burried alive, not stalked, not at gun point, i want him to DIE! CSI has too many characters anyway, and NY and Miami have each killed off atleast one major character. the writers must be able to come up with something interesting! the season finale should end in his "shocking" murder, and the premier and an arc of episodes into the next season having the CSIs solve his murder. they wanna get interesting? well if they are going to kill off a character (sam braun) they should atleast make it a character who actually matters to the damn show! (btw, the ending of that miniture serial killer, was terrible. it could have been 10X better)anyway, i am in favour to see nick go.... if not him, sara.... really i dont care who it is, I JUST WANT THE DAMN SHOW TO RE-CLAIM IT SELF AS A KICK ASS SHOW, AND THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I SEE THAT HAPPENING11!!!

December 20 2006 at 6:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

Get rid of Ann for TV Squad. All she does is pick on CSI. We love our CSI and think it's the best and so is Nick. Screw you Ann!!!!

December 14 2006 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samsara

Hmm..I think I'd like Anna to stop asking to kill off Nick Stokes..

Kill some off the extras on the show..the lab techs and such. We don't need them..

Kill off Grissom actually..but I don't think I'll go there for fear of being flamed.

December 13 2006 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

jDub....lmao. :) so true.

December 12 2006 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jDub

I don't watch SVU any more, but even I would tune in to see that relationship consummated. HOT.

December 12 2006 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

yes on olivia and elliot hooking up!!! the sexual tension is not not only driving me nuts, it's starting to make them crazy!

December 11 2006 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

thawtful1 you must have some terrible taste if Studio 60 is the best thing you watch.

December 11 2006 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

topher.. she likes studio 60.. but it would be better if....

December 11 2006 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

"Good television honored at the Emmys." Not likely. All you have to do is look at the Neilson ratings to know who the winners will be. I hope I'm wrong.

"Good Dirt" I hope you get your wish. It's mine too. I agree with you that FX has put on some pretty damn good television. I'm giving Dirt the benefit of the doubt.

"Seriously, you guys. Kill off Nick Stokes already!" I agree. Getting tired of the haircut of the month, too. Ever notice that he's wearign a different watch every episode? Hair and watches should matter that much, but what else is there to be interested in.

"Olivia & Elliot hook-up on SVU" NNOOOO!!! Well, maybe if it's just a hookup. If they fall in love they'll jump the shark.

That's my $0.02.