July 25, 2014

Here are your Golden Globe TV nominees

by Joel Keller, posted Dec 14th 2006 8:55AM
Golden GlobeThe nominees for the 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards were announced this morning. Here are the nominees in the major television categories:

Best TV Series - Drama

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Zach Braff, Scrubs
Steve Carell, The Office
Jason Lee, My Name Is Earl
Tony Shalhoub, Monk

(UPDATE: One of our readers, Zachary, was kind enough to look up the miniseries nominees -- they weren't announced during this morning's ceremony. He posted them here.)

(SECOND UPDATE: Our sister site Cinematical is covering the movie nominations, if you're curious.)

Will

Believe it or not, the best TV series ever according to rankopedia.com is Law & Order. I can think of 10 better picks. Can't you?

January 08 2007 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

January 08 2007 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fran Rowe

HBO's "The Wire" is simply the best, most relevant and intelligent show ever. When I heard it wasn't nominated for anything, I knew I could not be bothered watching the Golden Globes.

December 21 2006 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jessica

They need Michael Emerson in that Supporting catagory. I don't think anyone did a more compelling job than him at pulling us into his character.

But Go Matthew Fox.

December 20 2006 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michele

I'm sorry Vanessa Williams wasn't nominated for supporting on Betty! I think shes great in it. Ellen Pompeo and Dempsey????? Great show but nothing outstanding. Michael C. Hall is amazing and better win.

December 17 2006 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crushdmb

Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Hugh Laurie, House

Both for best actor?

Oh, man. I don't know who I want to win more, but it will be one of them. No contest.

December 16 2006 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Sanders

Patricia Arquette is one of my favorite actors on my favorite show, Medium. I was so disappointed when it wasn't posted for the Fall 2006 line-up and kept on hoping it would be returning as a mid-season replacement. I have never missed an episode and love the interaction between Joe and Allison. The hour goes by so quickly, but at least it's back! Call me crazy but I have experience so many things that cannot be logically explained, and my famuly and friends feel I am "tuned in" to whatever makes this occur. Thank you for bringing back a show where I can escape into a world I can identify with. Thanks to Kelsey Grammer too.

A true lover of the "unknown".

My whole family seemed to have this "gift", and it is refreshing not to feel like a freak when surreal things occur, even causing my husband (who is a history freak and lives for programs that document events that have already occurred)

My Mom once told me after I couldn't get my T.V. to shut off after it mysteriously went on, not even after unplugging it, "don't be afraid "they just want to let you know "they" are hear and won't hurt you. Many more incidents have happened, and like Allison, it is still unsettling, leaving me to wonder if it is a "gift or a "curse.

December 15 2006 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom WP

How I Met Your Mother being left off of the comedy list is a travesty... just because a show has a higher gloss look to it doesn't mean its better. I'd take HIMYM in a one-on-one face off against any show on the comedy list, except The Office.

Also, if Tony Shalhoub wins another award for Monk, I honestly might end it all. He's the "Amazing Race" of best actors; does he deserve the award, probably not. But he's won it for as long as anyone can remember the category existing.

December 15 2006 at 5:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EJ

Once again, *the* singular achievement in dramatic television - "The Wire" - is ignored for trite garbage like "Big Love" and "Grey's Anatomy." What a joke.

December 14 2006 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply