August 1, 2014

The Top 10 TiVo moments of 2006

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 15th 2006 3:26PM

What do you think was the #1 TiVoed (yeah, it's a verb now) moments of 2006? Was it an episode of Lost? Was it an episode of Grey's Anatomy or CSI or Desperate Housewives? How about one of the World Series games or the Super Bowl or maybe the finale of American Idol?

After the jump check out the list of the top 10 recorded moments according to TiVo. I guarantee a couple of them will be a surprise to you.

1. Katie Couric's last day on Today.
2. Mel Gibson's interview with Diane Sawyer.
3. Oprah slapping around James Frey.
4. Sara and Grissom on CSI.
5. Faith Hill's reaction after losing a CMA award to Carrie Underwood.
6. Kirstie Alley in the bikini on Oprah's show.
7. Will and Grace finale.
8. Kate and Sawyer doing it on Lost.
9. Rosie's first day on The View.
10. Connie Chung singing on MSNBC.

nukethewhalesagain

I'm just wondering...what exactly does a "tivoed" moment mean? I thought to tivo somehting was to record it. Which would make sense if they didn't have things on there that weren't planned (like the Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood thing). Does it mean rewatched? If thats true then how do they keep track of that stuff. Thats kind of creepy.

December 17 2006 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Colleen

The kiss between Josh & Donna on "The Cold" episode of the West Wing. 7 years!

December 15 2006 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shark

My personal #1 for 2006: Turk's "Poison" dance on Scrubs.

December 15 2006 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

Well, I watched 6 and 8 on TiVo, anyway. I'd just like to toss out now how unhappy I am that I have Dish Network (we can't get cable where I live) because with my new HD package, I cannot get an HD TiVo, but must go with the Dish DVR. I've had TiVo for years, and feel very sad to lose it on what will be our best TV in the house. Goodbye sweet TiVo. And I was a Neilson house for TiVo, too. Waaaaaa!!!

December 15 2006 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john mcginn

no question about it the most rewatched moment for me this year was the galactica jumping into the atmo, fucking sweet.

December 15 2006 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

My favorite TV moment of the year is easy: The Michael-Oscar kiss on "The Office."

December 15 2006 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply