July 23, 2014

Danny Bonaduce shows incredible restraint

by Kevin Kelly, posted Dec 17th 2006 4:35PM
In this instance, by "incredible restraint" what I really mean is "I can't believe he didn't pop the guy in the face and then plant his steak knife in his neck while showing full "Bonaduce Rage Out Mode." If you've ever watched more than five minutes of Breaking Bonaduce, Danny's reality show/nightmare/trainwreck, then you know he will flip out with no warning, almost like Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk. At least with good ol' Bruce, there was the odd behavior, the shaking, the turning green and all that jazz, so you'd have at least a few seconds warning. However, when you're dealing with Danny (that would've made a better name for the show), all bets are off.

Now, here's where the restraint comes in. Danny is chowing down at a sidewalk cafe somewhere in Los Angeles, and John Conner (no, not the guy from the Terminator movies) approaches him with a video camera and a microphone and proceeds to ask him questions about a conspiracy concerning our government's involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Now, I'm not even a Z-list celebrity, but if this guy came up to me, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be quite as composed as Danny manages to be. He calmly lets the guy have it verbally, dropping a few F and S bombs here and there, while still eating his lunch. Impressive.

Although, it does seem like Danny would strip naked and bark like a dog if President Bush asked him to. Let's hope that W doesn't use these powers of persuasion over him for evil purposes. However, if he asks Bonaduce to move to Korea and start bugging Kim Jong-il, I think I'd be okay with that.

ManekiNeko

Maybe I'm too stupid to follow the logic here, but I'm pretty sure that talking to the redheaded kid from The Partridge Family isn't the key to unraveling a sinister, brilliantly concocted Republican conspiracy. "Oh, no! He just talked to DANNY BONADUCE! We're FINISHED!!!"

Anyway... I'm no fan of Bush, but man that was a sweet, tender, and juicy response to that self-righteous douchebag! Danny, you've given me yet another reason to keep watching your game show Starface.

(I'm still gonna pass on the reality show, though)

JR

December 20 2006 at 5:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

I think Danny not only had great composure, but the things he said was very smart.

December 18 2006 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

I'm one who's more in line with Danny's political viewpoints, although before this clip I never knew where he stood politically, but the composure he showed was nothing short of amazing. I don't know much about Mr. Bonaduce beyond watching about four episodes of his "reality" show where he looks more like the kind of guy Kevin expected him to be. Taking into account his actions on that show, I'd say he showed a greater degree of restraint and ability to remain composed than perhaps any other human being ever has. Because of his civilized behavior in that clip, I have a new-found respect for the man I previously thought of as a walking disaster.

December 18 2006 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Elias

Well that fella goot sat down huh? Totally don't agree with what Danny Bonaduce believes--but a true smackdown has to be applauded.

December 18 2006 at 1:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
navalou

I agree with the other comments. Danny comes off looking pretty good here... John Connor, he ends up looking like a smirking git.

December 18 2006 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

You know, I don't agree with Danny's political viewpoints either, but my respect for him just went up 1000% after watching this vid. Kudos to him.

December 17 2006 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Falco

The best part of the whole video is Danny asking the girl next to him what her name was, then apoligising for his language then turning to that jackass and asking "Who the fuck are you?"

That was great, and personally while I may not agree with Danny politically he took the guy to task when he's started spouting the same BS you hear from all protestors "freedom of speech".

Danny's "I never said you didnt have the right, I said you're being disrespectful"

I one met Danny in Chicago about 10-15 years ago back when he was doing radio, and he seemed pretty decent to people. It's nice to see him deal with this asshole in such a great manner, where he slams him for being an ass and a jerk without getting into a fight.

Bravo!