How much for an American Idol to appear at your party?

by Julia Ward, posted Dec 18th 2006 4:21PM
Kimberly CaldwellThanks to My Super Sweet Sixteen, we all now know that no party is complete without a surprise, private performance by a pop idol. Fortunately, the cast of American Idol is more than willing to shill themselves out for your next shindig. Their asking prices, however, range from $300,000 for Kelly Clarkson to $2,000 and change for second season finalist Kimberly Caldwell.

The New York Post has kindly given us a run-down of Idol artist fees. Whether you pay $75,000 for Ruben Studdard or $30,000 is going to depend on how well you're connected within the entertainment industry, but is $75,000 too much to ask for your guests to hear "Sorry 2004" live? You can also expect to pay more for an Idol mini-concert versus an Idol meet-and-greet.

As much as I'm tempted to make fun of Justin Guarini's private party fee structure, he makes more for just showing up at a party and waving than I make in a month so, ummmm ... go bleed that bar mitzvah circuit dry, J-Guar.

Tini

i agree with ZUKE 100% i would pay for bo bice to come to my party becuz he is fricken hot as hell! plus he's my favorite of all time. =)

December 26 2006 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
phil

Whether you are an American Idol fan or you hate it, check out the artists and songs on the Indie Rock Cafe to see where extraordinary, under rated indie bands are featured from around the world:

You might also want to check out the Colbert and Decemberists green-screen challenge (now over, we hope). This report is great with interesting information, photos and YouTude and Comedy Central videos to view.

December 21 2006 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

WILLIAM HUNG FTW!

December 20 2006 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hana

I would pay to have Kelly Pickler at my party, when she showed up, I would be the only one there.

December 20 2006 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

they would have to pay me 100,000 dollars to visit my party, none of them can sing, when they can sing like michael bolton then i might change my mind

December 20 2006 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nadine

Clay Aiken is the only one that I would pay for! While I enjoy some of the other Idols, he is the real deal and has a hilarious personality to boot.

December 20 2006 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jessica

I'd pay for William Hung. Now that would be some party!

December 20 2006 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

It would be exciting for any of those former American Idol people to appear at anyone's party. It would be more if they're a huge selling artist or far less if they haven't been active enough. But we need to accept them as free standing artists now, get that stigma of the show off them. Kelly Clarkson's red hot and anticipation of her next album is high. Ruben Studdard is still loved as well as Clay Aiken. Fantasia has a dynamite live band and they were tearing it up on The Tonight Show a few weeks ago! Most people would expect them to perform the cheesy cover songs that they had to deal with on the show, but these artists have their own album material to perform live.

December 20 2006 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

$300,000 for Clarkson...you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, from American Idol is worth that amount of money for one night!!!!!!!
If I were going to pay anyone that amount of money, I can assure you it would be some Nobel Prize winner and certainly NOT AN AMERICAN IDOL singer!!! The world is going crazy to pay those kind of fees for someone to sing. Ugh...Get a grip on reality.

December 20 2006 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
OYesSheDid

I would love to have Ryan Starr, Nikki McKibben and that hottie Yamin guy! That would be a blast!

December 20 2006 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply