September 17, 2014

Marion Ross joins Brothers & Sisters

by Brett Love, posted Dec 18th 2006 11:01AM
Marion RossOver at TV Guide, Michael Ausiello is reporting that Marion Ross will be joining Brothers & Sisters as Nora's (Sally Field) mother. Her character is said to be "tough, obstinate, judgmental, direct, and uncompromising." Is it just me, or doesn't that sound a whole lot like Ross' Trix Gilmore character on Gilmore Girls?

It will be interesting to see where they go with it. I suspect we'll learn that Nora had a whole boatload of mother issues herself before her relationship with Kitty (Calista Flockhart) went all haywire. I could even see the Nora/Kitty relationship getting more rocky if it turns out that Kitty and her grandmother are fast friends. However it shakes out, you can never get enough Mrs. C on your TV. Even if it is a crankier, more curmudgeonly, Mrs. C.

Related:
Rob Lowe joining cast of Brothers & Sisters
Brothers & Sisters gets full season order

Overlord

Homosexuality is still a sin and ALWAYS will be ! Once more it is nothing more than a mental ILLNESS! I`am sorry if the simple truth is hard to swallow. Up until the 1960 S it was still (accurately so) listed in medical journals as such. I tell you this fact not to judge, but to enlighten, for we are all sinners, for the flesh is weak. We cannot simply adjust reality to fit our behavior on any given day. I say forgiveness and love will bring salvation. If you are a non believer then lets just admit it from the start of any debate .Some may simply be confused with the liberal assault of the media blitz, Bottom line.love the fellow man! .... no no no..! not like that! It`s a F@#$%#g sin !!!!

December 22 2006 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
barbara

It is good to express opinions - it is not good to be judgmental. The show is fiction - it is for entertainment. It is very good and is as close to reality as any other shows. The actors perform very well and seem perfectly cast in their roles. Marion Ross will certainly be a great addition to this show. She is a wonderful actress. Merry Christmas to all of you.

December 22 2006 at 5:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tommy

I love Brothers and Sisters. So glad to see Sally Field back on a regular show. Such a great actress!
Now adding Marion Ross can only add to the fiber of the show. I was sorry to see them kill of Tom Skerritt though, another great actor. I have enjoyed Rachel Griffith's character. I'm new to her and have started watching Six Feet Under because of Rachel which really shows how versatile she really is.
Glad to see Calista back on, was a big fan on Ally McBeal. A strong cast and great storylines. Keep up the great work.

December 22 2006 at 5:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cindy nelson

the show sounds great to me

December 22 2006 at 5:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cindy nelson

What is the subject?

December 22 2006 at 5:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
allen

Marion's addition to the cast will be wonderful. I cant believe the negative post's and the following attacks. its a "SHOW" folks . and the fact they have gotten a full season go ahead, means that alot of people like it for its story line. So do the advertizer's!!!! Merry Christmas

December 22 2006 at 4:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
healthedprof

#8 perhaps you should spend more time studying your grammar and less time watching television. You should have learned the proper use of the words to, too, and two, in first grade.

#12 I hope you drop off the face of the earth. You are narrow-minded, prejudiced and just plain stupid.

December 22 2006 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mitch

This is a superbly written family drama, beautifully written and with fine ensemble playing, in the tradition of "Everwood" and "Once And Again" and, for those of my vintage, the 70's series "Family" with Sada Thompson and James Broderick. as a gay man who lost his partner of 30 years one year ago, I wish thatmy other half could have seen the show's depiction of a truly believable and not idealized gay character.

December 22 2006 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

What is wrong with gay people kissing?
I thought they were supposed to do that.

December 22 2006 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Seland

I now pronounce you "un-be-LEE-ble."

December 22 2006 at 1:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply