November 21, 2014

NBC cuts the episode order for Raines

by Brett Love, posted Dec 18th 2006 11:59AM
Jeff GoldblumI'm reminded of the great American poet Dave Mustaine who said, "Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back it's still a bit fuzzy." You may recall that before it became Knights of Prosperity, that show was called Let's Rob Mick Jagger. And before that, it was reported to be I Want To Rob Jeff Goldblum. Unfortunately, that didn't work out because Goldblum already had a gig set up at NBC called Raines. It's about a detective that sees dead people. I like to think of it as The Ghost Whisperer minus the boobs.

Adam mentioned a couple weeks ago that Raines would be starting in March. That's still the plan, but Cynopsis is reporting that they have cut the episode order from 13 to 7, which is never a good sign. Maybe things would have been better for Goldblum had he jumped ship to get robbed over at ABC. On the other hand, given the state of the rest of the ABC midseason shows, I wouldn't bet on that one either.

Todd

Vista Heights investigation here, too. It was nice seeing Mikelti. I liked Boomtown. Too bad they never released the last six episodes on dvd.

March 16 2007 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Stone

I would just like to know which episode will include child actress, Zoe Stone-Malloy and the tentative date. It was my understanding that it was suppose to air on 1-15-07. It now appears to have been postponed until 3-07.

January 07 2007 at 1:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BP Galvin

Both shows are created by Graham Yost, and in the pilot Raines runs into Boomtown's Bobby Smith (played by Mykelti Williamson)

December 19 2006 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fred

Same universe, as in we could see crossovers? Or same universe, as in it looks sort of similar and also takes place in Los Angeles? I've only seen a short clip of the "Raines" pilot, but it didn't make much of an impression. (And what impression it did make wasn't overly positive.)

December 18 2006 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

Isn't that Goldblum pic from Jurassic Park?

December 18 2006 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BP Galvin

I've saw the pilot for Rains a few months ago, it takes place in the same universe that the I'll fated Boomtown took place in. I really enjoyed it, but didn't think it would last too long.

Boomtown + Noir - NKOTB + Goldblum = Rains

On the other hand NBC/Paul Haggis's "The Black Donnellys" Do should do really well...

December 18 2006 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply