September 2, 2014

Evangeline Lilly's home burns down

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 20th 2006 7:10PM
evangeline lillyEvangeline Lilly's rental home is a total loss. A fire gutted her home early Wednesday morning in Kailua, Hawaii. Luckily, neither Evangeline nor her two roommates were at home. Evangeline was already on the set for her last day of shooting Lost before the Christmas break.

According to newspaper reports in Hawaii, neighbors heard "electrical popping sounds" just before seven this morning. Then they saw flames and the fire quickly engulfed the entire house before firefighters arrived. One neighbor even rushed into the house to see if anyone was inside, but was pushed back by black smoke (the black smoke?).

That just plain sucks. I hope A) she had insurance and B) she didn't lose anything important. I'm sure people in Hawaii are lining up to offer her a place to sleep!

*Update: Here's a photo of the burned home.

Gig

#8 Chill out. These are real people we are talking about they are actors.

December 21 2006 at 10:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jbdean

I think it's pretty sad when a "report" about something as tragic as a fire destroying someone's home and all of their belongings includes jokes about the smoke monster and people lining up to give her a place to stay (Why? Because she's pretty? Sexy? Famous? :rolls eyes: ).

Some subjects should not be made light of and this is one of them.

Anna Johns should be ashamed of herself and so should the editor ... if there is one.

December 21 2006 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tarasik

I could offer the house for such beauty...:)

December 21 2006 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

She probably lives in LA and lived in the rented house on one of the islands while shooting. I'm sure it was a really nice rental.

I'm glad all are ok.

December 21 2006 at 12:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

She is at least making $40,000 an episode.

December 20 2006 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

I hope she is OK and didn't loose anything valuable either! She could stay with me, but I live in the COLD WINTERY North

December 20 2006 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Dorr

Yeah, they're engaged, I thought.

However, where's the signup list to be Eve's next roommate? Is there some sort of celebrity roommate program I'm not aware of?

December 20 2006 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Saron Aorkin

Why is she renting with roommates? Doesn't that seem a little odd? I know she's def making more than enough to at least rent a one bedroom comfortably.

December 20 2006 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry Casey

Pretty sure she'll be staying with Dom. They're still together right?

December 20 2006 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply