December 21, 2014

30 Rock, Friday Night Lights free for the holidays

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 21st 2006 2:35PM
30 rock castOver the Christmas holiday, NBC is putting all episodes of 30 Rock and Friday Night Lights on its website-- for free. That's right. Don't even bother to buy them from iTunes right now. The first nine episodes of FNL and the first seven episodes of 30 Rock are available for viewing on the website. Of course, you have to watch an unskippable ad at the beginning of each episode. NBC is looking to recruit new viewers, especially college students who are killing time at home for Christmas break.

While I'm not too keen on FNL, I highly recommend taking the time to watch 30 Rock. The first three episodes aren't that hot but it starts to get hilarious at about episode four. Alec Baldwin seems to carry the first few episodes, but then Tracy Morgan and the guy who plays 'Kenneth the NBC page' really start to play it up.

The free promotion expires when new episodes of both shows return to the air in early January.

Ed

FNL is one of the best shows on television. Give it two episodes, you will not be disappointed. Finally, a smart, intelligent show that trusts its viewers rather than devolving to the lowest common demo....

December 21 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blake

According to the Golden Globe Awards "30 Rock" with Alec Baldwin as one of their nominees for "Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical Or Comedy". I wonder if one of the other nominees from the other shows will win like: Jason Lee - My Name Is Earl, Steve Carell - The Office, Tony Shalhoub, Zach Braff - Scrubs

See for yourself: http://todayspolls.googlepages.com/gg_awards_polls20

December 21 2006 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay Dye

30 Rock is terrible. Hopefully, network will drop it.
Friday Night Lights is well written watchable program,
hopefully, network will keep this one.
Website programing not necessary.

December 21 2006 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

It's less than two minutes of ads, I think, for a whole episode of FNL, and probably even less for 30 Rock. And it lets me keep up on those shows even when they conflict with other stuff, for free and without breaking any kind of law. So I spend 30 seconds checking my email and ignoring an ad, and NBC is happy. It's all good.

December 21 2006 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

Uh, no thanks - viewing on a website and having unskippable ads isn't quite the same as downloading it and watching it where I please.

December 21 2006 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply