July 24, 2014

God's Warrior returns to Trading Spouses

by Julia Ward, posted Dec 21st 2006 3:29PM
Perrin Trading SpousesOne of the most horrifying personalities to rise from the detritus of reality television is coming back for seconds. If you missed Marguerite Perrin's appearance on Trading Spouses and the trail of viral videos, mash-ups and remixes she left in her wake, consider yourself one lucky television viewer. To this day, Marguerite's "dark-sided" breakdown is seared on my brain.

The Ponchatoula, Louisana mom traded places with a far crunchier, less godlier mommy from the Northeast. What resulted was a hissy fit of epic proportions as Perrin spontaneously vomited and bullied her way through her cross-familial exchange. Upon her return to Louisiana, she unleashed a monologue John Waters only wishes he had written. There's no nice way to put this - the self-proclaimed "God Warrior" went off her meds. In a rambling, frightening stream of conscious rant - Perrin accused her own family of not praying for her and railed against the "dark-sided" forces that had entered her home. She booted the camera crew and refused the cash owed to her for her family's appearance.

And, then, Perrin reconsidered. Not only did she accept the $50,000, which she used to pay for gastric bypass surgery, Perrin created a website, made a stand-up comedy CD and milked her fifteen minutes for every precious red penny she could get out of it. She'll get another round of free publicity when she appears on Trading Spouses for a second swap on January 19th and 26th. The two-part episode features an African-American family from St. Petersburg, Florida. I would offer up all kinds of commentary on how perverse the producers of this show are and on Perrin's own strangely complicit turn, but I'm too busy praying for the family in Florida.

renner1999

I saw the second time she appeared on Trading Spouses. She got a taste of her own medicine by the jerk surrogate husband she had to put up with for two weeks. Her surrogate husband was a polar opposite spiritually (i.e. atheist), but exhibited some of the same bad behaviors that she did on the first show she appeared in.

To her credit, she acted much more civilzed the second time. In Christian terms, perhaps God (and/or the show producers) gave her that jerk 2nd surrogate husband to show her how stupid she acted the 1st time she was on the show.

Perhaps

January 14 2012 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dspell2004

Wow....I'm watching (for the second time), this God warrior. She gives real Christians a bad wrap. Christains are supposed to be kind, she cursed name called and judged the Flisher family, what happened to Christian charity and kindness. I am a believer but I also believe that all people have the right to believe thier own way. God shed a tear over this woman. God bless her family. The Flishers showed her kindness and empathy and whether they 'believe' or not they acted more Christian than she ever did.

December 05 2011 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blouis

I started viewing this show tonight and it was so ridiculous and prejudice that I turned the TV off. Trading spouses is a show that I rush home from work on Fridays to view. The lady (the one they brough back)was just over acting.This was the worst show that I have ever seen! I guess she will appear on other TV shows to talk and boast about. What an unjustified way to bring prejudice into our homes. Hopefully there will be another show airing that I can see on Friday nights at 9:00. I hope that she enjoys receiving another bonus (money).Maybe she will be invited back again. Thanks for opening up my eyes to such a disappointing show!

January 19 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K Gill

Just shoot me now. People boycotted Gibson everywhere b/c of his vile rant on Judaism, and this woman went totally off on pagans everywhere on TV and that's ok - they are bringing her back for more.

Good thing that most pagans have a real good sense of humor.

I don't EVER want to hear another Christian say they are persecuted. Persecution is this kinda crap and no one thinks about it - and people even get to profit off their bigotry - and it is ALL OK.

There's a lot of pagans out there, you know. This lady's tirade really scared my pagan child. That's one heck of a message to send a child - that you are NOT ok - that you are 'dark sided' and that people are scared to be around you.

January 17 2007 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HeyJudyArts

*rolleyes*

This is one Trading Spouses episode I will be skipping.

December 29 2006 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

But after she FOUND OUT that she was to have gastric bypass, she "reconsidered". I hope the "tainted" (her words) money got to her brain. I cannot WAIT to watch this stupid religious bitch again. Will she be living with infidel guy? (He's done wife swap, and is african american).

December 22 2006 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve

In her defense, she didn't have a choice as to how the money would be spent. The guest "spouse" dicatates the terms for the host family.

December 22 2006 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff stiefer

5. is this an episode of squidbillies?

Someone please give az1324 some sort of award. That comment made my night!

December 22 2006 at 3:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
az1324

is this an episode of squidbillies?

December 22 2006 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evil Pedro

awful....just awful. So now she wont be "crazy" she'll just be playing crazy for the camera.

December 21 2006 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply