September 3, 2014

It's Trump vs. Rosie and I still don't care

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 21st 2006 9:03AM
donald trump; rosie o'donnellDonald Trump, get in line! Rosie O'Donnell shot off her mouth about the whole Miss USA debacle on Wednesday morning and now Donald Trump is threatening to sue her. On The View, Rosie called him a "snake-oil salesman" for not ripping the crown away from the drinking and partying Miss USA Tara Conner. She also called his marital history into question, claimed he was bankrupt and said he isn't a good example for 20-year olds. Trump said he's going to sue her for talking about his financial status and said, "I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie."

First of all, I think that Trump is just jumping on the Rosie-bashing bandwagon so he can get some headlines in advance of the upcoming season of The Apprentice (damn! it worked!). Second, I think everyone just needs to ignore Rosie. Maybe if we do that, she'll just go away. What she says doesn't matter anyway.

*Update: Rosie responds.

On a related (and hilariously pathetic) note, Omarosa has weighed in on Trump giving Miss USA a second chance.

Laura S. Bivins

Trump is a PIG of the worst male kind. He seems to show up at any function that might benefit him financially, hands out "hero" medals to people in NY who have done brave deeds like he represents the City of NY. Trump has made a career of belittleing people, especially women, and being a power freak! How can someone so self centered and "all about Donald" be taken seriously about anything? The dispute he has going with Rosie is "Show Biz",stupid, and another chance to put his face in front of the press, just like the rest of his hype related to anything he does. Who thinks this man has the stature of "respectful" as a human being....such a PIG! The guy is a joke but wants to be treated as someone to be taken seriously. Our country is really SICK if Donald gets to be the big "say so" about whats right or wrong.

January 09 2007 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LADYESG

Mr. Trump, I think you are an arrogant pig. Speaking to people who live in buildings that your father owned, I have been told that you were never a nice person, even when you were a young boy. Look at yourself before you make comments about other people. I would not watch your show The Apprentice if it was the only program on television. I would rather do a crossword puzzle than hear your obnoxious comments about people. Wish I could fire you. You have filed bankruptcies on your casinos and you do not lose anything but your shareholders get screwed. This is your history, both in your personal life and business dealings. You have insulted all overweight women with your comments.

January 08 2007 at 3:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanie

It is too obvious that Donald and Rosie are each getting exactly what they need, want and crave......ATTENTION! They are probably really lovers........imagine......no, but what a strategy these two have. The public is loving this and they know it and love it!

January 05 2007 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jay

Only problem is see on Rosie is her Cholesterol....

December 29 2006 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Although I am not a fan of Rosie...It's about time someone put Donald Trump into a reality check. The Apprentice ratings have been in sharp decline for a number of years (Last season being one of the worst rated), Trump (Hotels & Casino) did declare Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 2004, Trump's projects are funded by Government grants, he is in debt and leveraged up to eyeballs with the banks, the wealth that Trump pro-claims is actually the property of the banks (Trump does not OWN anything), his marriages have failed miserably due to his own lack of self worth, his confidence is a cover for his deep insecurities of living a lie, and speaking of being "Unattractive", Trump is also overweight (how he called Rosie "Fat") and tries to conceal his BALD spot with a very bad hairstyle (For an alleged Billionaire, you would expect better personal hygiene)...Donald Trump's image is a SHAM!

December 22 2006 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam Turnbull

I think they both need to give it a rest! Mr. Trump is sounding like a vicious old queen!!!

December 22 2006 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George B Vieto

Rosie O'Donnell making fun of the Trumpster was very funny. It reminded me of The Three Stooges when Moe would make fun of Adolf Hitler in the Stooges video short "You Nazty Spy". About Donald Trump threatening to sue Rosie for his bankruptcy it reminded me of the Three Stooges "Disorder in the Court" when the prosecutor said to Moe "I'll sue you for this" when his toupee fell off. I can see it now. Donald Trump to former beauty queen Iris Avila. DT: "What type of example have I set for beauty pageants world wide?" Before the former Panama beauty queen can say "Gloria Quintana" Donald yells at her "DON"T ANSWER THAT!" and Iris says "Don't yell at me, I gave up my title for unkwown reasons."

December 22 2006 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I think it's funny that Donald would call Rosie an ugly woman...since he's one of the ugliest men I've ever seen.

December 21 2006 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blake

Rosie O' Donnell of the View lately has been getting herself in trouble with her carefree comments, apparently Donald Trump didn't find that amusing. I think Donald would win in the poll over Rosie feud.

See for yourself: http://todayspolls.googlepages.com/rosie_trump_poll

December 21 2006 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marthe

#12 Howard - I agree with you, its about time someone took out TRUMP. We all know hes a chump! Rosie only says what we are all thinking. The network hired her because she says whats on her mind. Do you all really think they would fire her?? She has numerous fans and ratings for the show are higher than ever. I tivo it everyday, just to here them speak on "Hot Topics" segment. At the end of a hard day at work, I can sit back and listen to them give us a "REALITY CHECK!" No other show has given women the power to speak up and tell it as they see it!! BRAVO TO THE VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!
And as for the fat joke put down that Trump told Rosie, well, he is double chinned and has a roll of fat around the middle. Trump is sexist and hates all fat people, poor people, etc. He is an elitest, but still wants the fat, poor, lazy people to watch his worthless, boring shows!! I hate Trump!

December 21 2006 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply