October 31, 2014

King of the Hill gets a decent time slot

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 21st 2006 8:38AM
king of the hillFox is giving King of the Hill a great lead-in: The Simpsons. The network announced that Hank and the gang are sliding back to the 8:30 pm timeslot on Sunday nights starting with the season premiere on January 28. The season premiere sounds pretty goofy. It's called "The Peggy Horror Picture Show" where Peggy befriends a woman with whom she can talk about her girl issues, such as not feeling feminine enough. Little does she know, her new friend has some issues of her own.

I often watch King of the Hill reruns on FX in the evenings as I'm making dinner, but I forgot that it's actually still on. When it resumes next month, it will be season 11 for the animated series.

The move from 7:30 to 8:30 bumps War at Home to Thursdays with unfunny 'Til Death. American Dad slides into possible oblivion at 9:30 pm.

Kevin

I didn't start watching KOTH until just a couple years ago. My companion introduced the show to me, and I initially did not like it. It wasn't but a few episodes into it that I became hooked! This show obviously don't allow the viewer to really learn anything, but it is a mockery of what is happening in our government and society, etc. Personally after watching family guy and the Simpsons, I prefer KOTH by far. I wouldn't mind seeing The Simpsons pulled or cancelled, and probably the same with FG, although its current ratings won't merit its cancellation quite yet.

February 05 2007 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben G

KOTH and American Dad are the only two good things FOX has going for it.

December 21 2006 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Televinita

I...what? This show is still ON? Seriously? I thought it got canceled years ago...

December 21 2006 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

I love King of the Hill, it is smart and always have creative stories and strong writing, Mike Judge is a genius. I hope that American Dad can survive it is another clever show that hopefully has escaped the stigma of being "the other show from the Family Guy creator". I have actually enjoyed this season of AD more than FG, with the exception of last weeks episode which was one of the better Family Guy's in a while. Lastly, THE WAR AT HOME SUCKS!!!!! CANCEL THAT CRAP INSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

December 21 2006 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I hate this show, just hate it. This shit show gets 10-11 seasons and Futurama gets canned. Lame show for a lame network.

December 21 2006 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JCC

Great news for the most under-appreciated of all the prime time animated shows.

It's consistently funny, and is the only one that stays grounded in the "real" world. They almost never take advantage of the fact that it's a cartoon to get into outlandish situations. I think that's the main reason the quality stays so high.

December 21 2006 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply