September 2, 2014

Mike Evans dead at 57

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 22nd 2006 12:27PM

The JeffersonsYou'll remember Evans from his role as Lionel Jefferson on All In The Family and the spinoff show The Jeffersons. He died of throat cancer last week in California.

Besides his role as Lionel, Evans also appeared in The Streets of San Francisco, Rich Man, Poor Man, Love, American Style, Match Game, and Walker, Texas Ranger. He was also one of the creators and writers of the sitcom Good Times.

I had forgotten this, but he was actually replaced as Lionel Jefferson on The Jeffersons for four years, in the late 70s. He was replaced by Damon Evans, then returned to the show for the last couple of years.

brian.grant29

He will be missed

April 11 2013 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian.grant29

Sorry 4 Mike Evans didn't know. He will be missed.

April 11 2013 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Savvy Brown

He was my first big crush when I was 7! He was so handsome & funny. I remember watching "Good Times" and seeing his name in the credits and thinking that it must be the same Mike Evans from "All In The Family" & "The Jeffersons". Plus he did alot of guest spots on other shows. He was awesome. I feel so sad that he has passed on. Someone should get him a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. My sympathies to his family & friends.

January 31 2007 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
juson williams

mike evans was a good man and friend of mine. he will be missed. rest in peace my man. i love u forever and always

December 31 2006 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

Too bad...that's sooo young to die!

December 22 2006 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Elias

Mike was the best Lionel Jefferson by far. Sad news, RIP.

December 22 2006 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

That's sad. What a terrible way to go.

December 22 2006 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply