July 24, 2014

King of Queens' latest season to be last

by Annie Wu, posted Dec 23rd 2006 9:32AM
King of QueensCBS has announced that, after nearly a decade of being on the air, King of Queens will end after its current season runs out in May. Now that Will & Grace and That 70s Show are out of the picture, the program is currently the longest-running sitcom on air

Although the show still experiences some decent success in ratings and only recently got their first Emmy nomination (a nod to star Kevin James, this year), I think it's time to pull the plug. I actually used to find the show relatively enjoyable (compared to similar sitcoms like According to Jim), but the whole "Check out the fat guy with the hot chick!" thing began to wear thin a few seasons ago.

Ooh! Here's an idea: A wacky sitcom all about a fat wife and her super-hot husband. Haha, I'm just kidding... We've already seen that on Roseanne, with Roseanne Barr and that smokin' super-fox John Goodman.

steve

This is a really great show with a talented ensemble. I really think the Kevin James-Leah Remini chemistry works splendidly. Throw in the off-beat brilliance of Jerry Stiller and you've got a run-away hit, as the last 9 years testifies to. Sadly, nothing lasts forever.

February 09 2007 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

CBS waited until late fall to air this show. But it's run its course. I think that Kevin James' character was getting a little too complacent. I thought that the 4th season was the best. The later seasons were hit and miss, but it was so funny. The big guy/slender woman concept is not so common in real life. You can't write a script on that.

February 08 2007 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mimi

King of Queens has been one of my favorite comedies to date. Its so amazing how the network paired up the two main characters, and had such an amazing actor to portray a wonderful, yet very coniving father. I wish the show did not end just yet but just maybe its making room for something more.

January 05 2007 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

This is one of the best comedies i have ever seen. It is way funnier than Everybody loves Raymond and a lot of others. I will always be a fan

January 04 2007 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darren

My favorite show is King Of Queens. The comedy is Genius. I am very sad to see the show end. But at least we have re-runs. KEVIN JAMES RULES!!!!

January 04 2007 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

King of Queens has been one of the most, if not the most, enjoyable modern sitcoms on the air. I own every past season and plan on getting the current one. It seems to me that those people who comment on the 'fat guy with a hot wife' routine don't actually get (or watch) the show. The whole cast is great and the writing is hilarious. It's a shame to see such a good thing come to an end, but all things eventually do.

January 01 2007 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah Shannon

This show never received the credit it deserved. Everyone was so hot on watching "Everyone Loves Raymond" and King of Queens got lost. King of Queens was much funnier than annoying Raymond whining and fighting with his wife every week. This show deserved to be nominated more and Kevin James deserved a nomination or two.

I will miss the King of Queens.......it always makes me laugh.

Deb

December 27 2006 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

We will manage without it. No problem.

And the re-runs will probably not stop anytime soon.

December 24 2006 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

I guess Kevin James can only sneak feels of her breasts for so long.

December 24 2006 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shawn

I am shocked to hear you guys like Still Standing. What the hell? that was the worst of them all.

December 24 2006 at 12:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply