October 31, 2014

Curious changes for ABC's video site

by Brett Love, posted Dec 26th 2006 10:00AM
Rosanna Arquette - Barry WatsonI've been keeping an eye on the ABC episode streaming site. Of all of the network streaming solutions, theirs is the one that I like the best. And they have made some changes, so if you haven't checked it out yet, there are some new goodies. As of now, you can watch all the episodes from the current season for Ugly Betty, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers And Sisters, and What About Brian. Those last two are recent additions. There are also four episodes of both Six Degrees and The Nine, but no word on when, or if, more are coming. Finally, the first episode of ABC Family's Lincoln Heights is also available.

But wait...I didn't mention anything about Day Break in there. I had to double check, because that's what I have been watching for on the site, the unaired episodes that were thought to be coming to the internet. Unfortunately, for some reason, Day Break has gone from going to air on the website, to oops, music clearance issues, to just being removed completely. Not even the episodes that were previously online are available. In typical half-assed fashion, the Day Break site still has a link to "Watch Day Break Online Now." At least they didn't replace it with an According to Jim archive. I don't have any idea if this is just a bump in the road or a permanent thing, but I'm starting to get the feeling that we may be waiting for that Day Break DVD set to see how things turn out for Brett Hopper.

[ thanks Mike ]

SeanTubbs

Does anyone know what's happening with this show? Is it ever coming on abc.com again, or was that false info? I wish they'd hurry up and release the DVD, or shop it to another network quick.

January 05 2007 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

Maybe SciFi will pick up Day Break like they did with Threshold.

January 01 2007 at 2:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

i have a 2 year old computer and broadband, the damn video keeps stopping. also WTF is with day break, someone give me a number for ABC because i sent an e-mail asking when i can see the end of the series and they gave me no actual answer in the reply.

December 27 2006 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

I don't know if it's my ISP or what, but, half the time I go to watch something and I have tons of connection problems once the streaming has started.

I wish Fox would stream House.

December 26 2006 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Gig,
They don't run Boston Legal because the show is owned by 20th Century Fox. You should be able to get it at i-Tunes or other sources.

December 26 2006 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

I'm trying to watch a few past episodes at ABC. What a piece of shit video player. Constantly starts and stops. I have a brand new computer with 5 Mbps broadband.

December 26 2006 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SeanTubbs

I would not mind waiting for a DVD - I just want to know IF it's coming. I hate not knowing, and a lack of news is causing people to lose confidence in ABC. This is bad publicity.

I don't think it will be good practice, though, to use free television to promote DVDs like this. Or would it? I'd be curious to know what others think.

December 26 2006 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gig

My question is why don' they have Boston Legal on the site? The last, first run, episode got pushed back about 15 minutes by a non-network basketball game and I missed the ending.

December 26 2006 at 11:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply