April 16, 2014

Jerry Seinfeld is bee-utiful -- VIDEO

by Richard Keller, posted Dec 26th 2006 6:27PM

Jerry Seinfeld -- BeeLet's say you're Jerry Seinfeld. Yes, I know you're really not Jerry, but just pretend that you are for this little exercise. Okay, you're Jerry: you've had a successful career both as a stand-up comedian and sitcom star. Your show, Seinfeld, is still hugely popular in syndication and on DVD. The world is pretty much your oyster. So, what do you do to follow it up?

You dress as a bee for the trailer of an upcoming animated movie. All right, you lend your voice to the main character in the animated movie, but you still dress up as a bee. The film is actually DreamWorks Bee Movie, which stars Jerry as Barry Bee Benson. In the trailer Jerry, dressed in full bee attire, gets blown away by fans, washed away by hoses, and nearly killed by a large pair of windshield wipers. No, I am not in a drunken haze after too many rum punches! This is the trailer I saw in the movie theater.

Of course, courtesy of the film's website and YouTube you can see the trailer too. Also featured is Chris Rock, who is doing a favor for Jerry in exchange for Seinfeld appearing at book signing for Rock's wife. Hmm, the trailer must've been done before Rock's divorce. Anyhoo, you can view the trailer after the jump. (BTW, for a more detailed information on the Bee Movie turn to our sister site Cinematical)

Kevin Kelly

And Eddie Izzard to boot!

January 05 2007 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I also saw it in a theater a few months ago. I thought it was hysterical! I was really excited about the movie being a feature-length version of that kind of craziness. I was pretty disappointed to find out that they're just supplying voices to a standard animated movie. I hope it's at least decent, and not an embarrassment to Seinfeld, who already has Richards as an embarrassment.

December 27 2006 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

I also already where saw that it..

December 27 2006 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danny

I saw this when he was on the daily show a month or so ago
its weird

December 27 2006 at 9:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

Chris Rock ain't divorced. According to Wikipedia, they're trying to resolve their marital differences. The site references TMZ as their source for the info. And actually, the NY Daily News gossip column had photos of them seemingly quite happy with each other maybe a week ago.

December 27 2006 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
matthew m. barnes

i saw that trailer online a few months ago.

December 27 2006 at 3:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

I like Jerry just fine - it's that PSYCHO Michael Richards that creeps me out...Who knew this guy was soo mentally ill in real life.

December 26 2006 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply