October 31, 2014

Little People, Big World moving to Mondays

by Richard Keller, posted Dec 26th 2006 2:00PM

The Roloff FamilyA few items of note concerning TLC's hit reality series Little People, Big World, which just completed its second season. First, the new season will begin in March and will move from Saturdays at 8:00 pm to Mondays at the same time. From the 'Next on . . .' previews Little People had during their season finale, the first episode of the third season will show the accident that put Matt Roloff's son Jacob and business partner Mike into the hospital.

Next, Matt now has his own show where he interviews other little people that are inspiring to him. One of the people he interviews is Meredith Eaton, who has had a recurring role on Boston Legal this season as attorney Bethany Horowitz. Other interviews feature talk on why the Dwarf Athletic Association of America is so important to little people, and the risks and challenges little people face when they want to have children. The interviews can be seen at the Little People, Big World section of TLC's website.

A quick review of the past season of Little World. Perhaps I got burnt out from the constant repeats of the first season that my kids watched over and over (if I ever see the 'Winter Dance' episode again I will smash my television), but I didn't find this season as interesting as the last. I thought that the show had gone a bit, um, Hollywood, especially during the three episodes where they went to Hawaii. The one good thing about this season is that they began to focus on other little people in the Roloff's circle, such as Zach's friend Casey. I hope they continue that trend in the new season.

Jodee

I LOVE THIS SHOW AND I AM HAVING WITHDRAWLS SO GLAD IT IS GOING TO START AGAIN. THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW I DO NOT LIKE TO MISS ON TV.

March 22 2007 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathi Patterson

I absolutely love this show!I was hooked from the first time. The kids are adorable, Amy gets all my respect. Matt, is a good man, but at times I don't see how Amy keeps from strangling him! Matt's parents
are wonderful. Can't wait for the new season. Thanx,

March 14 2007 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

I love this show and have missed it since the last episode. I can't wait for the new season to start. It's great watching how the kids deal with different situations that come up for them with their family and friends. They seem like such a wholesome family and have values more people need. They are an inspiration to me. Thanks for the wonderful episodes and for sharing your lives with us.

March 14 2007 at 1:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan & Richard Stewart

My husband and I "LOVE" watching Little People Big World. We have a new respect for all people with Special needs. Matt is a sweetie! The family needs to respect him more than they do. His parents are the greatest. Sometimes it seems as Amy could be nicer to him(my husband says the same thing about me). It is great to see Matt helping Amy with her organization. He has definetly supplied his family with a great home and life. Two thumbs up for Matt! You are our hero.

March 10 2007 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicholas

Its already march, when is the next new shows will be at? we all are waiting for it....
update all of us when is the next new season.
thanks

March 07 2007 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARCI C.

WE LOVE THIS SHOW! THE FAMILY HAS BROUGHT SO MUCH AWARENESS TO THE WORLD ABOUT LITTLE PEOPLE. I HAD NO IDEA, THE STRUGGLES AND PROBLEMS, JUST COOKING DINNER IN A REGULAR KITCHEN! DON'T BE SO HARD ON MATT & AMY, THEY REALLY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER. MATT HAS BROUGHT SO MUCH AWARENESS & ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE PEOPLE ORGANIZATIONS AND HE NEEDED A GREAT WOMEN LIKE AMY BEHIND HIM ALL THE WAY. THE KIDS ARE MESSY, BUT KIDS ARE KIDS. I WOULD RATHER HAVE "MESSY" KIDS ANY DAY COMPARED TO SOME OF THE THINGS KIDS ARE DOING TODAY! HATS OFF TO THE ROLOFF'S.

February 19 2007 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alicia

I love the show and so does my daughter. I think they are a great, NORMAL family, doing great, normal family things. I think Amy is a little bit of a smarty-pants to her husband, but I guess we all are sometimes!! Matt and Amy have 4 beautiful children and what parents doesn't love the chance to show them off!!

February 06 2007 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

I really enjoy watching the show and finding out whats going on with the family. Saturday nights were great for me because there was never anything worth watching except Little People Big World. No matter what the family was up to it was real life with a family who loves each other very much. I look forward to watching the new season.

January 28 2007 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jackie Faithfull

I have a dwarf son. I think this show is wonderful. It has brought awareness to dwarfism and people seem to be more tolerant. I love all the Roloffs,but I think Amy can be a little hard on Matt. He works hard and trys to please her. Keep up the good work. Its a great show. Our family really loves it...

January 17 2007 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donna

i think the show is great --it is one program i sit down with my daughter to watch. 3 cheers to the work efforts of the entire family

January 11 2007 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply