December 22, 2014

Boycott The Apprentice

by Julia Ward, posted Dec 27th 2006 2:01PM
Donald TrumpBlogger Shmuel Tennenhaus, the guy who created an unauthorized profile of American Media editorial director Bonnie Fuller to increase his chances of making it on reality television and who has made his mark on YouTube as one of its most watched talking heads, is calling for a boycott of The Apprentice: Los Angeles.

What's his reasoning? It pretty much boils down to the Don's prickish behavior following Rosie O'Donnell's "snake oil salesman" comments on The View. Tennenhaus points out the Martha Stewart and The Amish are already on board with the boycott so, really, there's no reason for you not to sign on. Personally, I remember the days when the satirical Spy Magazine regularly referred to Trump as the "short-fingered vulgarian." In the 80s, Trump was a national joke because of his greed and extravagance. Today, he's passing down his business philosophies like they're the Sermon on the Mount. Just goes to show you that the worm does turn - until, of course, Shmuel Tennenhaus calls for a boycott.

Michele

I agree. Obese people of America should unite on this. I've called for a boycott of ALL Trump interested on my blog too AND to call on NBC to pull anything of Trumps - including all pageants. We should also boycott ANY company that advertises on ANY show that has anything to do with TRUMP. Here is a link to my article calling for the boycott of everything TRUMP if you are interested: http://www.obesityintervention.org/fatblog/?p=58

January 11 2007 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

Donald is an ass. Who would want him? And yes, I DON'T watch his show because of his behavior...

January 08 2007 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

I totally agree to boycott the Apprentice.
My hormonal teenager would have handled this situation better than the Donald did.
One doesn't have to be a fan of Rosie to see how inappropriate and childish his comments have been.
I don't think he made Rosie look any worse to anyone.......but he certainly shot his popularity rating to an all time low.....and there's no gaining that back.

Too bad of the example he has set for his children...

January 07 2007 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Philip Nicks

Donald Trump is a bore , and has beaten this whole Rosie thing into the ground, Is there a chance that he might be using this to help himself to a big P.R. spin so that people will watch his new season of the Apprentice? I`m for a boycott of the worthless show. Has he ever heard of manners, he talks trailer trash about her, all she was talking about was his show, well she did do the comb over, but not to the same depth he has trash mouthed her weight. Who cares, I love her, and I am a man that weighs 170 pounds.

January 05 2007 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gigi

I've never watched the Apprentice so boycotting it will be easy. I'm not a huge Rosie fan either, but Trump is old and tired. He yaps about how much he has and don't dare say millions, it BILLIONS

January 05 2007 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Esme

I'm boycotting 'The Apprentice,' except for the first episode so I can make a list of every company that bought advertising time during his slot so I can write to them and let them know I'm not going to buy their product because of their support of this fat-hating homophobe has-been.

January 05 2007 at 12:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

I like Donald!!! I am a 30 year old gay man and don't think that Rosie is a good role model for the gay community. Donald invests mucho dinero into NYC and that makes him okay by me. It's the best city in the world. I will watch every minute of The Apprentice and my fish will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 04 2007 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
suzanne chambers

I don't like either of them, however I think Rosie took a very undeserved trashing from Trump. True she started it but she didn't deserve to be called such terrible names and referred to as fat and a slob. This man has no class and a mouth straight from the gutter. Saying Rosie has a bad mouth is laughable, just look at his low class street language, makes you wonder just who he hangs with..I fully support the boycott on "The Apprentice" and any place he cares to vent his disgusting sniping...

January 04 2007 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Williams

I think the boycott needs to extend to all of NBC! I feel the network needs to control this hate speak. It is one thing to disagree but to demean and belittle a person based on appearance is just wrong. ABC made The View correct the incorrect information about Trump's personal situation and new NBC should stand up and say the evil and vile things Trump is saying are also wrong!! I now hear Mr. Trump is back peddling, he now seems to concede that Rosie's show was successful as it was. The decision for her to leave was not based on poor rating in fact the network tried to replace Rosie with Carolyn Rae and that is when the show failed. I think NBC should make Trump apologies to Rosie and all of American. for his comments to her had before the new show hits the air. With his rude crude comments Trump not only attached Rosie he attacked so many groups woman, gays, overweight American, it goes on and on. I also suggest other business leader speak up. Hate is wrong and should not be tolerated in anyone including the rich. ABC is class act NBC is well...... they have Trump the chump do I need to say more.

BOYCOTT NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!