September 30, 2014

Jay Mohr marries Nikki Cox

by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 30th 2006 8:23PM

Mohr and CoxWhen the hell did these two start going out? I knew she wasn't going out with Bobcat Goldthwait any longer (they were engaged several years back - yes, that Bobcat Goldthwait), but I didn't know that she and Mohr were an item (God, if I ever type the phrase "an item" when referring to a couple again...ugh. What, am I part of US Weekly or something?).

Another magazine, People, is reporting that Mohr and Cox were married in Los Angeles on Friday night. No official word yet from either camp.

Mohr was the former host of NBC's Last Comic Standing and a former cast member of Saturday Night Live, not to mention the star of the criminally short-lived sitcom Action. A couple of years ago he wrote the book Gasping For Airtime. Nikki Cox is currently on Las Vegas and costarred in the underrated sitcom Unhappily Ever After.

jjd

You forgot to mention that Jay Mohr is a regular on CBS's series Ghost Whisperer opposite Jennifer Love Hewitt.

December 31 2006 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dee

And Nikki was also Jagger and Stone's little sister on General Hospital way back when...she must of been a teenager.

December 31 2006 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

"5. I remember seeing her on a sitcom (on ABC?) and thinking she was much better than I had expected."

She had a reoccuring role on The Drew Carey Show, I believe as his niece.

I never liked Jay. He always comes off as reminding me of that snot nose punk that sat behind me in physics class.

December 31 2006 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

P.S. Mohr actually produces Last Comic Standing.

December 31 2006 at 7:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I remember seeing her on a sitcom (on ABC?) and thinking she was much better than I had expected. Of course, Jay did a wicked Christopher Walken impression on SNL. Remember that Skittles commercial? Or the Star Wars audition tapes?

Congratulations to the Mohr-Coxes. (Good stuff, M-D!)

December 31 2006 at 7:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M-D

The real question is, will she take his name and adopt the unfortunate hyphenate of Nikki Mohr-Cox?

December 31 2006 at 3:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
captainmicahp

Yeah That bunny was awesome, and voiced by the wonderful aforementioned Bobcat. I never liked Jay Mohr, I always felt he was mean spirited, and Nikki Cox just seemed so nice. Las Vegas is my biggest guilty pleasure on TV.

December 30 2006 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

Who are these people?

December 30 2006 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike m

once again, you have impecible taste in television. Unhappily was a fantastic show! and no, i'm not being sarcastic. Who wouldnt love that talking bunny?

December 30 2006 at 9:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply