April 19, 2014

No Saddam?

January 01 2007 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kath

You missed Chris Penn Jan. 24, 2006

January 01 2007 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Wow, you know what? I have NO idea why I included Spencer's death this year. It was probably because his death came really late last year and also because his character death on West Wing didn't take place til 2006. Sorry about that. I'm going to change that pic but keep his obit in.

January 01 2007 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

Just out of curiousity, why did John Spencer make the list for 2006 when he passed away in 2005? Did you publish a similar list last year and he missed the deadline?

I see that so often in other end of the year reviews: they list celebrities we lost and somebody always passes away after the list gets published. This year we had James Brown, Gerald Ford, and more for infamy than fame, Saddam Hussein.

January 01 2007 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Riley

Thats quite a list, RIP to those we have lost this year.I was sad to hear about Peter Boyle, I really loved "Frank" on Raymond.

January 01 2007 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

That list is too damn long.

I will miss John Spencer the most. Too young to have enjoyed him on LA Law, I was sold from moment one to his portrayal of Leo McGarry on the West Wing. I'm going through the Season 7 DVDs that I received for Christmas, and was pleasantly surprised that they kept the dedication that Martin Sheen recorded in front of 'Running Mates.' Someone, I think on this board, commented and I agree wholeheartedly that the hardest part of watching that episode was hearing Spencer say the words, "By an overwhelming percentage, the first warning symptom of a heart attack is death."

Godspeed to everyone we've lost.

January 01 2007 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply