September 2, 2014

Michael Cera wants you to be a success - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 2nd 2007 6:09PM

I'm quickly coming to the realization that Michael Cera is a very talented guy, beyond his work on Arrested Development. The video after the jump is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on YouTube.

I'm not exactly sure what the parody is (who the heck is Aleksay Vayner?), but it's hysterical nonetheless. It's a faux-interview with Cera, where he talks about what it takes to be successful: in career, in relationships, in fitness, and in life in general. Like a teenaged, Hollywood star/Anthony Robbins. There are a ton of lines you'll be quoting to friends tomorrow, but my favorite might be about proving to his parents he could play guitar:

"Cut to nine years later, I play guitar every chance I get, when I'm not signing an autograph or reading a script or having copies of keys made. And whenever I see my mother calling on the phone, I'll pick up the guitar and play a song. They'll hear it and say, 'hi, I was wrong, how are you? I haven't spoken to you in a while.' "

[via Gawker]

John

Genius. Michael Cera is hysterical. His awkward mumbling in AD was brilliant.

January 02 2007 at 9:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Technically, Vayner isn't a Yale grad yet...he's a senior.

January 02 2007 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

I found the video here.

Michael really didn't have to change that much from the original. Maybe just tighten it up a bit.

January 02 2007 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MW

Here's the link to the original video, which is just as (and unintentionally) funny.

January 02 2007 at 7:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Derek

Aleksey Vayner is that idiot Yale grad who had his video resume that he sent to banking firms put all over the web.

January 02 2007 at 6:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply