December 22, 2014

Goodbye Megan Mullally

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 3rd 2007 7:04PM

Megan MullallyI have to admit that I completely forgot that this show even existed, which is probably what happened with a lot of people and the reason why the show has been canceled.

The show debuted in September, and the ratings just kept on a-fallin. NBC Universal, the company that syndicated the show, isn't even going to let them do a final show. They're pulling the plug immediately. They thank everyone for their hard work, blah, blah, blah and they say Mullally is one of the most talented people, blah, blah, blah.

Actually, Mullally is very talented. She's an actress but also has a great singing voice and has released some albums. So it's not like she's going to have to wait at home doing Sudoku puzzles until the producers of Will and Grace do a reunion show. I'm sure she'll find work.

Hey, how about a spinoff featuring her Karen Walker character? I don't know how they'd do that without having Will, Grace, and Jack in there, but it might be pretty funny with some good writing.

Related:
Megan Mullally show will rerun on TBS
Megan Mullally talks more about her talk show

Tommy

I loved Megan on Will & Grace, but really became a fan after seeing her speak at the Gay Games Opening Ceremony in Chicago's Soldier Field. No matter what direction she decides to go with her career, she will always have a place in my heart.

January 06 2007 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chad

I think the Megan Mullally show was a bit dull. I'd love to see the Karen Walker talk show! Sorta like that Jiminy Glick show. Karen always half drunk and making fun of her guests. An occasional Jack, or Leslie dropping by would be great. I think she could develop that character into something more.

January 05 2007 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Armycptrob

I love Megan but her show was simply not good. It would have been SOOOO much better if she had played Karen Walker as the host of the show.

I've said many times that a show with Karen, Jack and Rosario would be infinitely better than with the whiny Will and Grace. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

January 05 2007 at 2:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber

Well, I guess the show really wasn't a big hit. I didn't even know she ever had a talk show and I've never heard of anyone else talk about it. I think she is just one of those people that will always be associated with "Will and Grace", just like Julia Louis-Dreyfus will always be associated with "Seinfeld". No matter what I see them in, I always see Karen or Elaine, and probably always will. Although a Karen and Jack show would be really fun if it was written well.

January 05 2007 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

I love Megan but I saw this show and she just wanted a great talk show host. She was boring. I hope she finds a great sitcom, because comedy if her forte.

January 05 2007 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will (no, not that one)

From the start this show was like watching grass grow. Megan's monotonic delivery was painful. I did like her character on "Will and Grace", hope she brings back something similar.

January 05 2007 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yobon

GOOD RIDDANCE.
The show was horrible to watch and painful to have to listen to the whiney Ms. Mullaly. I had hoped that her hideous voice was something which she created just for the Will And Grace show character.
Apparently not. Eeeuw.
Buh bye!

January 05 2007 at 1:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Colleen

Loved Megan as Karen on Will and Grace. I always thought that the show should have been called Jack & Karen. A spin off of the characters of Jack and Karen would be a hit.

January 05 2007 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben T. Cox

I thought Megan's show was alright. I think the ratings problem is that it was on at 8:00 am AND it was on TBS. Most people aren't going to find it! Even other shows on major channels only have about 2 million viewers at that time of day, so Megan getting 1 million viewers isn't too bad.

January 05 2007 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

I wonder if she got as much severance as that asshole at Home Depot?!

January 05 2007 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply