October 23, 2014

Kitchen Nightmares coming to FOX

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 5th 2007 9:02PM

gordon ramsayProfessional chef / screaming manchild Gordon Ramsay is bringing his popular BBC series Kitchen Nightmares to FOX. Americans may have already caught the series on BBC America, in which Ramsay uses his incomparable people skills to whip failing restaurants back into shape. Production on the new reality series is set to begin next month. If you're a fan of Hell's Kitchen, don't worry, that show isn't going anywhere: production for the third season will begin this month.

I'd actually like to see a deal struck between Ramsay and McDonald's, resulting in a show where he yells at the wage slaves for not leaving the Big Macs under the heat lamps long enough. Also, he and Grimace get into a fist fight. Maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea; I just happen to have this reoccurring fantasy about Grimace fighting British people.

Jeff

One of my favorite shows. Best episode ever was the 20 yr old chef who didnt even know how to cook lol he burnt biscuits it was great. "You donkey"!!---Gordon Ramsey

January 06 2007 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lunar Dog

I am absolutely in love with that show, i hope it doesn't get bastardized to be more "american" I just hope that they let him be himself, not a caricature of who he is.

January 06 2007 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treegoat

I have to agree - BBC Ramsay is different from Fox's Ramsay. I like them both but much prefer the BBC one. Kitchen Nightmares is a good watch - I'd watch an American version.

January 06 2007 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Heumann

I would concur that "Kitchen Nightmares" is a fantastic show. I have a chef friend who actually takes notes during that show to get pointers on her own kitchen--Ramsey's that good.

January 05 2007 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

It's a Channel 4 show, it just happens to be show by BBC America.

All you need now is a version of The F Word. The great thing about that show is how the name is so funny, because F actually stands for food. Do you see? You thought they were rhyming with duck - but they weren't. Delightfully whimsical.

Loved when he shared the still beating eel's heart with Jonathan Ross.

January 05 2007 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

I concur that the BBC America show is incredible - I've seen them all. However, the BBC Gordon Ramsay is very different from the Fox Gordon Ramsay - the Fox one is a caricature, yelling and screaming just to make noise, whereas the BBC one, is far more tame (vulgar, but not just to be vulgar). It'll be interesting to see if the Fox Kitchen Nightmares is just as loud and obnoxious, or if it will have some of the humanity that the BBC version does (I'm not betting on it).

January 05 2007 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neel

Kitchen Nightmares is a great show...for those unfamiliar with the concept, Ramsay goes to a struggling/failing restaurant and has one week to turn it around. Usually, by changing the menu/chef/decor/concept/name. It's very entertaining and a perfect behind the scenes look at what goes on in most kitchens.

January 05 2007 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply