July 24, 2014

CBS updates "Who is Keppler?" website

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jan 6th 2007 2:27PM

Liev Schreiber as Keppler on 'CSI.'CBS finally got around to doing something about that lingering question, "who is Keppler?" Up until a few days ago, the promotional website meant to inform viewers about the CSI cast change has been pretty bare, save for a cool picture.

The site is now fully running and even has some video clips giving viewers clues about what to expect. There are three clips posted right now and I would expect a couple more before Liev Schreiber makes his entrance in next week's first sans Grissom CSI, "Sweet Jane."

For those looking to be spoiled, read on and I'll tell you what I gathered from the three clips. Looks like Keppler might actually be worth looking forward to.

There's not too much to say about Keppler. There was no mention of him in last week's episode, so I can only hope that there's a proper explanation for why he's being brought on to the team during next week's installment. Perhaps Grissom knows him and requested him? Similar to how he recruited Sara in the first season?

From the clips, here's what we do know:

• He's from the Baltimore Police Department and apparently he's not very professional about preserving a crime scene since he had no problem touching a victim's face right in front of Catherine before the coroner cleared the body.
  • Hard to say if he's married or not but it seems he doesn't have kids.
  • Also, he doesn't seem to be very trustworthy and may or may not have gotten close (quickly) to Catherine. So much so that it leads Nick to take the rest of the team aside (Sara, Warrick, and Greg) and get them to create their own little sub-team where Catherine and Keppler are left out of the loop.

Keppler breaks up the team? Sounds pretty tense. I'm actually looking forward to this now.

Bob

Yeah, I'm glad Grissom is back! Personly I would
have watched the show anyway, but I have to admit I did miss Grissom, I didn't like the other guy too well, and he did turn out to be a crook.

February 24 2007 at 12:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jr1

I do not want Keppler to die. I thought he was an awesome addition in the show. So you think he is dead? Or maybe he just flatlined like Brass? I am so hoping they don't kill him off. I am just being hopeful.

February 10 2007 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hilda Shampine

I just watched tonite's episode Feb 8 & I can't believe you killed keppler off . what is wrong with you people ?? I wanted Grissom . But you were making the show really interesing. But what a let down I"M really disappointed in your writter" Thumbs down'

February 08 2007 at 10:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

Thanks for bringing William Petersen a/k/a Grissom back. Great to have him back. Thumbs up to CBS.
Carol

February 08 2007 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maria

I really enjoy all the CSI's. But I waited a long time for the spark to be shown with Grissom and Sara it would be a heart break if it came to a end so quicky.

February 08 2007 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
viesca

keppler is the person who builds those small doll houses that keep girsom, wondering who the killer is.
i suspect keppler is the mad doll house killer.

February 04 2007 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michael clovis nm

For those who think Grissom is going don't be fooled can you say spin off/it is time for a profiling CSI type to combine both criminal minds and crime scenes
that way maybe Catherine is allowed to grow after all promtions either come both death or spin offs and a shake up was do. Just look At ncis to add Ziva you had to knock some one off part of the formula.CSI is still the best.Worth missing sleep over so I welcome the spinoff possibilities. mike clovis

February 03 2007 at 1:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

Jorgia you ROCK..... I'd love to have more story on your childhood.

February 02 2007 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joan

I love CSI and every character:
I have Keppler figured out!!
He is a serial killer and Grissom brought him in to the loop
so that they can make him drop his guard.
I'm anxious for ever episode just to see if I'm right

February 02 2007 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley Ford

I agree, bring Grissolm back and keep him. Keppler is boring. also someone mentioned CSI Miami. The red head stinks. All he does is stand sideways with his hands on his hips and pose. Does not lift a finger to do anything. Calls one guy Mr Wolf and all the rest of them by their first names...........elstinko. CSI Las Vegas is and always has been the best. NY is really good too, they all get their hands dirty solving cases while you know who stands and poses. by all means bring back Peterson, please

February 02 2007 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply