September 1, 2014

Carvey and Colbert are skinheads from Maine

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 7th 2007 1:01PM

dana carveyI've been yelling at myself a lot lately for never watching The Dana Carvey Show when it aired back in 1996. Seriously, I sit alone in my apartment screaming at myself. Sometimes I even throw myself down the stairs. My apartment doesn't actually have stairs so I fling myself from my couch several times. I do this because every time I find a clip of that show I can't believe how hysterical it is. What in the world was I doing back then? I was in college for crying out loud, I had all the time in the world to watch TV. It's not like I was studying.

If you click here, you can watch a clip from The Dana Carvey Show called "Skinheads from Maine" featuring Dana himself and Stephen Colbert. I think it proves that the show had a little something for everyone, even racist New Englanders.

BillS

Was that the sketch where Clinton had the ass of a chicken? That show was ridiculous and great.

January 08 2007 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

I seem to remember golden retriever puppies sucking milk from multiple bill clinton nipples.

January 07 2007 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

They made 7 episodes... I know at least 3-7 are floating around online somewhere. Cool to see Colbert (and Carell and Smigel) back in the day. And this was actually my favorite sketch.

January 07 2007 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph Bua

You can have Dana Carvey. He campaigned for Arnold and probably gave him scads of cash. He also slept in the Lincoln Bedroom during Bush 41.

Needless to say, his politics and mine, and I would guess Colbert's at this point, certainly don't mix.

This sketch is skinheads in Maine, sure, but who's to say Carvey doesn't have some awful "git yer own health insurance, Commie" sketch in him as well?

January 07 2007 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

This show was waaaaaay ahead of it's time. I was 15 when this show aired. Very controversial, it didn't last but a few episodes.

We need more Dana Carvey.

January 07 2007 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply