October 26, 2014

Desperate Housewives: No Fits, No Fights, No Feuds

by Jen Creer, posted Jan 7th 2007 11:45PM
Gaby(S03E11) Oh, Ladies of Wisteria Lane, it's so nice to see you back. I'm glad Lynette finally got a spine where Kayla is concerned. Sending her kids in to yank Kayla out of the restaurant was brilliant.

I loved it when the middle kid just made a fist and punched his hand. Don't you just hate it when kids pull that crap about screaming in public so they will get their own way? That infuriates me. As for Kayla saying she will never love Lynette, why do they care so much what an angry child is saying right after she moves in with her father's family? Hello, they all act like they have never heard of the stages of grief before.

Gaby had a great episode for once. Oh, thank you: It's been awhile. The guy she was dating was pretty thick if he couldn't figure out that Gaby didn't like picnics. Can you really lock a florist in a cooler without complaints being filed? I know, I know, it's television. So, does anybody want to take any bets on how long it will take Carlos and Gaby to get back together? At least the chemistry genuinely sizzles between them. I have to admit, when he started talking about what kind of flowers he would get her for different occasions, I loved him a little bit.

It was nice to see what finally happened to Alma. Ahem: Are you ready? I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. For those of you tuning in new to these reviews, I said early in the season that I did not believe that Orson had killed his wife, and that I thought we were being led to believe that. Yes, he hit Mike. But I still don't think we have the whole story behind that either. It is starting to look like everything Orson has told Bree has been true.

Oh, Susan is so stupid! For all of the commenters who have said that in the past, I salute you. I actually gave her half a chance because I liked Teri Hatcher in previous shows. But seriously, Bree nailed it on the head when she said, "There is no one you will not betray to protect Mike." A-men. Why on earth should Ian be swayed just because Susan says she loves him? What has she done to prove that? I think Bree had the right idea by ending their friendship. Of course, the only way that will stick is if Bree moves out of the neighborhood. Which, now that Alma is moving in, maybe she will.

Andy

Right, FUR IS DEAD!!!!! I hate Gaby since this episode!!!! >:-(
Was this a chinchilla coat?

January 21 2007 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J. Bronson

DIDN'T ANYONE NOTICE THE INAPPROPRIATE FUR COAT ON GABY? FUR IS DEAD. DUH. HOW DISGUSTING.

January 10 2007 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tracey

I was so happy to see DH back last night! It was a great episode, and I was glued to the TV all the way through it. I'm such a diehard Susan/Mike fan - I just loved their little touch that said so much at the jail. Susan/Ian/Mike/Bree/Orson is the best storyline this season, and I'm so glad that Marc Cherry has gone back to weaving the storylines of the characters together. I'm so sad to hear people say that Susan is a stupid character, though - I definitely think she is the most interesting, and I watch DH mostly for her scenes. All the ladies are great, but in my opinion, Teri is the strongest actor of the bunch (I'm still watching the DVDs of Lois & Clark every now and then! It amazes me that she can go from the hard-nosed newswoman of Lois Lane to the softer, adorably clumsy persona of Susan Mayer - go Teri!)

Anyway, I just can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings - let's give Mike back his memory, and a get-out-of-jail-free card!

January 08 2007 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Yeah, the whole Julie/Bree's daughter thing was a big yawn. It would have been great if it had been Bree's son instead!! We need more of Bree's son - he was a great character but they're doing nothing with him lately.

I thought they were really stretching it when the police detective (with the uniformed escort) showed up to question Orson after Susan's STUPID gossipy phone call. At the very least it could have waited until the next day and been more of a routine follow-up. The dective took what Susan said as fact. Jeez.

I'm really curious as to what Alma was injecting herself with. It didn't seem to have any effect on her so it probably isn't narcotics or an addiction or anything. Hummm. They've got me stumped.

The Susan/Ian/Mike storyline is beyond stupid. Ian doing a 360 because Susan said I love you was really lame. Susan obviously still loves Mike and Ian is still married to a woman who is OBVIOUSLY going to wake up at some point. Susan just needs to die or something. I really like Terry Hatcher, but Susan is just to stupid to live.

"Gaby had a great episode for once. Oh, thank you: It's been awhile." Yes! It was nice to see Gaby not playing the shallow uber-beautiful bitch for once. Her realizing that she probably shouldn't be dating yet was real. The moment she had with Carlos was really well done. I liked it when she playfully kicked him at the end of the scene. I'm pulling for those two to get back together and have more of an adult relationship instead of the materialistic sex-driven one they had before.

January 08 2007 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slutty_whore

I actually found the episode rather dull and, until Bree called Susan on her BS with her line regarding Mike, I was flipping to The Apprentice. I think this show needs to mine the conflict between Susan/Bree and have a real rivalry, not the contrived type they try and pass off as entertaining/interesting, such as Susan and Edie.

I guess everyone was equally bored/disinterested in Julie losing her virginity to a boy that's cheating on her with the town slut (re: Bree's daughter). Yawn!

January 08 2007 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I think this was one of the best episodes in quite a while. TG they are back!

January 08 2007 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steph

I didn't get the part where Alma was injecting herself...what was that all about?

January 08 2007 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dani

In a past episode Orson told Bree he was divorced, he divorced her after he was unable to find her.

January 08 2007 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

No. 1: I wondered the exact same thing.

If this were the real world, I suspect she would have been declared legally dead at some point after she disappeared, and they would now need a court order to clear things up.

The cleaner explanation is that he got a court order to divorce her in absentia on grounds of abandonment.

January 08 2007 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LaWanda

I actaully don't have a problem with the Susan/bree/Mike/Orson storyline, it's the best so far this season, I think it's pretty obvious why Susan is helping Mike, she still loves him period....I don't think she wants to hurt Bree intentionally she just believes Mike is not a murderer, she's wrong but I understand as well as Bree, i understand her anger, but cmon this friendship is far from over. I guess after having to sit through that awful Mike /Edie storyline it's nice to see some real conflict amongst the ladies.

January 08 2007 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply