August 23, 2014

Colbert and O'Reilly will meet - UPDATE

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 9th 2007 2:45PM
bill o'reilly; stephen colbertPapa Bear is coming home! After much speculation, it is true. Bill O'Reilly will appear on The Colbert Report, and Stephen Colbert will appear on The O'Reilly Factor. That's gonna be huge. And that's the only way I can think of to get liberals to actually watch O'Reilly (although, there still may be throwing of remotes and/or shoes at the television set).

Stephen Colbert often refers to Bill O'Reilly as 'papa bear' and obviously emulates him and other conservative talk show hosts for his show. O'Reilly will no doubt be able to hold his own with Colbert, but can Colbert handle O'Reilly? I say yes. If Colbert can do 20 minutes in front of a not-very-amused President Bush, I think he can handle O'Reilly. It'll be a hoot to see those two throwing fake facts back and forth.

The two fellas are on each other's shows on January 18th. Mark your calendars. Set your TiVos.

Asmerina D

Papa 'Interrupter' Bear better let Colbert speak his truthiness.

January 17 2007 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GhaleonQ

2 people who can't carry their respective shows? *yawn*

January 10 2007 at 12:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CM

Maybe Colbert can take a falafel sandwich with him when he visits The O'Reilly Factor.

January 09 2007 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
FlagPatrick

Good god that will be epic. O'Reilly on the Report and the Colbert on the O'Reilly factor. You know there's going to be some ribbing, whether Bill O'Reilly what's to expect will be the interesting part. I mean he saw the White House Dinner, and you know that will be an interesting and endearing subject. Good god I just can't believe how soon it's going to happen! WOW I CANNOT WAIT! GOOD LORD!

January 09 2007 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
captainmicahp

Isn't That the same day as the Scrubs Musical. Oh man that would be a legendary night of TV

January 09 2007 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Dammit Annie Wu, you beat me to the joke! lol

January 09 2007 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie W.

Fun story: I once tried watching 'The O'Reilly Factor' to see what it was like and, about five minutes in, my temples began throbbing violently and my eyes started to bleed. Two seconds later, my ears followed suit.

I'm pretty crazy for Colbert, but I'm not sure if even my devotion to the man will be enough to help me counter the health risks posed by watching 'The O'Reilly Factor'.

What to do, what to do...

January 09 2007 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply