September 1, 2014

Bruce Campbell wants you to wear Old Spice - VIDEO

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 10th 2007 11:03AM

bruce campbellLast night I did the unthinkable. I actually stopped and watched a commercial on my Tivo. Correction: I stopped and actually hit rewind on my remote so I could watch a commercial. Why did I do this? Two words: Bruce Campbell. If you don't know that name, then you're obviously not a fan of that classic horror trilogy consisting of The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darkness. Evil Dead II is the best one of the three, and I'm willing to fight anyone who says different. You might also know Bruce as the titular lead in the TV series The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., or from such series as Xena: Warrior Princess, Hercules and Jack of All Trades. Bruce often works with his childhood friend Sam Raimi, and has appeared in all of Raimi's Spider-Man films. Raimi also directed the Evil Dead films and executive produced Xena, Hercules and Jack of All Trades.

Nobody does tongue-in-cheek machismo better than Bruce, so he's the perfect man to pitch that rugged fragrance known as Old Spice. This morning I began to scour the Web for the commercial, but turned up empty. Thankfully, one of our faithful readers, Jason, sent us a YouTube link. I've placed it below so you can watch it over and over again. Bathe yourself in waves of Bruce-ness.

Karen

Man, that is one squeaky leather chair.

January 10 2007 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

A rarity, but what all commercials should be: entertaining, fun to watch and makes you *want* to watch. Thank you, Old Spice and Bruce!

January 10 2007 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TimUF

I hate the experience is needed to get experience thing... searching for a "entry level" engineering job, easily 80% of the job requirements said things like "experience doing ... required" makes it tough to find a kid to hire if you want them to have the equiavalent of 10yrs of workforce experience!

Anyway, yea, i also love bruce campbells work, especially brisco county jr!

January 10 2007 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MosquitoControl

Yes, the painting is a classic. As is the chainsaw next to the fireplace.

January 10 2007 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

Yes!! Evil Dead II is the best of the three. Followed by Army of Darkness. I just recorded them all on my HD recorder to watch in "style" and I forgot how much I didn't like plain ole Evil Dead until I watched it this weekend. This coming weekend is Part II - yay!

Thanks for keeping us on board with some Bruce! I even miss Jack of All Trades.

January 10 2007 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

I love the fact that the sailing picture in the backround takes up the entire time he is walking. Round room or something. It goes from sunset to sunrise as he walks.

January 10 2007 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dennis

#3 - Ha!

January 10 2007 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

It's a trick. Get Axe.

January 10 2007 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treegoat

He's perfect for this! I love me some Bruce!

January 10 2007 at 11:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bkdealer

Thank you!
--Nobody does tongue-in-cheek machismo better than Bruce--So true! I never watch ads either, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for this gem!

January 10 2007 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply