July 29, 2014

Kanye West will star in new HBO reality show

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 10th 2007 8:01PM

kanye westLarry Charles, director of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan and a writer/producer for Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm is developing a new reality series for HBO centered on the life of rapper and producer Kanye West. According to Reuters, HBO has declined to comment on the untitled project.

Since I'm not a fan of reality TV in general, any new show with that label really has to prove itself to me in order to get me to watch it. I'm also rather indifferent to West himself. Still, having Larry Charles attached to the project does pique my interests somewhat, so who knows? All in all, I'm mildly curious to see how this reality series sets itself apart from the fold.

Amber

With all that aside, I'm extremely happy that he's going to star in a show. I'm going to laugh at his cute self!

Can't wait! YAY KANYE!

October 14 2007 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber

LAME HA-TERZ!
Why comment on an artist you don't like?
Why waste half a minute talking MESS about someone?
GET ON!

Paul is right. He quotes,

"hatin...sounds like a bunch of people who know nothing about hip hop culture. so sensitive to anyone who speaks their mind. hip hop has always been big, bold, and expressive, call it ego or call it agressive, it's enough to make you listen which is the point. are artists just supposed to create art and not EXPRESS themselves?? think about it.."

And Maxoutkast quotes,

"What a bunch of haters. Allow me to let you in on a little secret...Every musician, every actor, every artist has an ego! That is the nature of art- it is an expression of one self. To bash people because you don't particularly agree with their lifestyle or opinion just makes you look jealous"

APPLAUD THEM THEY ARE SO RIGHT.
All these negative comments sound like IGNORANT people.
If you've ever heard his music, he explains why he's arrogant and I'm heartfelt for that reason!

Anyways, how in the world do you know if Kanye's even really RACIST? Stop assuming, it only makes you look stupid in the end! Only black people will understand why he made those certain comments, and I'm one of em'!
And Duh! There happens to be MORE whites in America than any other race.

You don't know what he went through in his life to say that. And I do think what he said was right...anyway!

Yes, I'm taking up for Kanye, SO WHAT?! He's ADORABLE, SUPER CUTE, and has Great Music, beats, and lyrics. He speaks his mind when he's agitated-stop being wissy! Everyone has their own!
(PROBLEMS IN LIFE).

October 14 2007 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paul

June 21 2007 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maxoutkast

Hey DIRT! Racism against white people! Like you have something to worry about. That is the dumbest thing I have every heard.

February 16 2007 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maxoutkast

February 16 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carissa

I think his 15 minutes have lasted about 15 too many.

January 11 2007 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I. Hate. This. Clown!

January 11 2007 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mer

I ain't say'en he's a gold digger.......

January 11 2007 at 8:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tiffany

Why does the media continue to give this creep a platform? I mean no offense to the hip hop world but he is definitely not an asset to the culture. He is too cocky and embarrassing. though he is talented, anything with his name attached I can not support! MAybe if he would just shut up and do use his talent we would all be better off.

January 11 2007 at 8:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Yeah, this should be interesting...for about 10 minutes!

January 11 2007 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply