April 23, 2014

Marcia Cross is put on bed rest; how will this affect Housewives?

by Joel Keller, posted Jan 10th 2007 8:22PM
Marcia CrossPeople tend to forget that, while it's routine, pregnancy is still a traumatic change to a woman's body (at least that's what I've heard); complications can happen at any time, especially to older moms. Marcia Cross of Desperate Housewives is finding this out, as she's been ordered to bed rest by her doctors for the remainder of her pregnancy. Her spokesperson told the AP that it was a precautionary measure but didn't give any more details (I'm not a doctor, but my guess is that being almost 45 isn't helping matters).

How this effects Housewives is unclear; she was supposed to film two more episodes after the Feb. 11 episode, but that is now up in the air (remember, her character Bree isn't pregnant). The last two days of this week's shooting schedule, however, will take place at her Los Angeles home, according to TV Guide. Guess they'll have Bree get sick or break an ankle so they can film scenes with her in bed for two days. That's going to take some pretty deft writing skills there. How do you think they'll handle this? Let me know in the comments.

Rebecca

Don't underestimate the show's incredible writing team. They'll work this in, and it'll be amazing. Simple as that. XD

January 13 2007 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

I can't believe that the writers/producers didn't anticipate at least the possibility of this happening.

January 11 2007 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I'm sure the faint last episode was a bit of foreshadowing. The next time she goes out, probably after Orson's arrest, she'll, serendipitously, be bedridden.

January 11 2007 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

January 11 2007 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deena

WRITERS ALWAYS COME UP WITH SOMETHING; I FIGURED SINCE THEY GOT HER CHARACTER MARRIED SO SOON THAT THEY MIGHT WORK IT IN. I WOULD'VE LIKED THAT!

January 11 2007 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

Well I think that they will come up with a very clever story line they had to see this coming I bet she has to stay in bed and Orson will go over to see Alma I think Alma is going to try and get preggers by Orson to try and steal him away from Bree and I also bet Alma killed his girlfriend.

January 11 2007 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth

They will find a way to write it in the show. This years Housewives is much better than last years. I wonder how Lynette will deal with Tom's little darling and when she will loose it with her.

January 11 2007 at 9:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

They'll put her in bed with a fever, and she'll dream she wakes up in Melrose Place, and Wysteria Lane was just a dream.

January 11 2007 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie

She was Topanga's mom on "Boy Meets World" once -- she can do anything! Hope it all works out for her.

January 10 2007 at 11:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mich

Its not so much the age as it is carrying twins, and potentially using some sort of fertility help. I was 24 and in bed for 3 months with twins and used help to become pregnant...thats a huge part of it!

January 10 2007 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply