April 23, 2014

Pat O'Brien: The Outsider

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 10th 2007 6:35PM

Pat O'BrienI was going to say that this is the best news I've heard today, but then I remembered that I don't watch this show (or Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood) anymore, so I don't really give a crap. But any news that makes sure someone like Pat O'Brien is seen on television less is probably a good thing.

Inside sources are saying that O'Brien's contract with The Insider will not be renewed when his current contract is up in June. O'Brien's current salary is $4 million.

Now the question is whether or not O'Brien will go back to sports full-time. I was crushed when I saw him on CBS' tennis coverage last summer and I hope he doesn't return to that. Come on readers, help Pat out. What's the best job for the soon-to-be former Insider host?

[via TV Tattle]

Barbra Mathewson

He and Donald Trump are so over....both are egotistical assholes, and it was us that made them and it is us that will bring them down.... say adios to the limelight both of you....go live off your riches and oh yeah checkout the Sureal Life...you'd both be perfect

January 12 2007 at 10:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

Wasn't he interested in politics once. Maybe he should run for Governor of his home state of South Dakota - he actually talked about it. As Governor of South Dakota he'd soon be forgotten by everyone - including the people of South Dakota.

January 11 2007 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
supesguy

Maybe he could play Flanders in a live-action Simpsons movie.

January 11 2007 at 6:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Pat could always go over E! and get "Crazy" with Ryan Seacrest (Read into this what you will)....

January 11 2007 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brendon Carr

He's got the right voice and right patter -- I vote "strip club deejay"!

January 11 2007 at 12:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clint

I smell a 10 day visit to the Surreal Life House!

January 10 2007 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Price Is Right host. Unless Craig Kilborn takes it.

January 10 2007 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I vote for phone sex operator also.

January 10 2007 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph Bua

Phone sex operator?

3-way facilitator?

Coke procurer?

Who cares, he'll just be replaced by someone who will have to do the inane job of announcing where Victoria Recano is going next with the anorexic twins (btw, the answer is "Spring Break!").

Your value is inversely proportional to how many other people can do your job.

Marsh Mokhtari would be a good replacement:

January 10 2007 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply