August 23, 2014

Rosie will probably leave The View, says FOX writer

by Joel Keller, posted Jan 10th 2007 12:19PM
Rosie O'DonnellFOX News TV writer Roger Friedman is reporting today that Rosie O'Donnell will probably leave The View when her one-year contract is up. The reason? Backstage tension, of course.

Friedman cites the it-just-won't-die flap with Donald Trump as one of the last straws in what has become a conflict with the show's matriarch, Barbara Walters. It seems like Walters is playing the two combatants against each other, according to Friedman, and Rosie is surprised that Barbara isn't being more supportive. Hence, once the "school year" is over in June, she'll take her ball and go home.

Now, realize Friedman also published an article speculating that Studio 60 was about to be canceled right before it was picked up for a full season, so I'm taking a "wait and see" approach with everything he writes. But you can't deny that, while Rosie's presence has upped The View's profile, she might not want to put up with the circus for much longer. I guess we'll find out in June.

Peter

Anazing that people who don't like Rosie on the View and therefore don't watch the show can somehow manage to give their two cents on the topic. If you don't like her or Barbara Walters and are criticizing them do us all a favor and stfu. Then the whole thing will just blow over since no one is giving it any attention.

January 11 2007 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tina

I always watched the view and I must say that I almost always enjoyed it. I had watched it from its inception, but after watching a few times after Rosie came on board I realized it was far different than it had always been. I do not watch anymore and don't intend to as long as Rosie is on. She is far to radical for me. I like to watch TV to relax, not to listen to someone rant and rave about anything.

January 11 2007 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MiMiA.

Rosie O'Donnell was good when she did movies of other characters.Herself is the worse personality on The View and T.V. for that matter.I stopped watching The View when Starr Jones left and Rosie's trashy filthy mouth appeared.She is nothing but a witch w/a broom stirring up trouble in her big kettle.She should stick to movies,where she speaks what is written for her.She is better off in the world of make pretend,that way she doesn't offend the human race.As for the Donald,I thought better of him.Now he is only feeding the garbage disposal.Follow Kelly Ripa's example...speak and let go.This whole sharade of trash is getting borrrrriiiiinnnnng.

MiMi

January 11 2007 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Afi K. James

And I Got zero respect for neither democrats nor republicans, there two sides of the same coin, thank god I'm a reform democrat.

I'm with trump on this one.

January 11 2007 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Afi K. James

To Me, The View jumped after star jones left and rosie is horrible now, she brings nothing to the show from the start, I Have more respect for trump then ever than rosie ever could.

and shame on barbara walters, that's why I'll never watch the view again.

January 11 2007 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rose

I don't care for Rosie or Trump. I use to like Walters. I think it is a shame Rosie could get away with her assult mouth for so long. Someone should have stood up to her a long time ago. I think Trump is fighting her wrong, but he definitely should go after her. Walters is no better than Rosie. If this little tiff isn't for ratings, The View will probably go away. If people continue to watch this crap they deserve to see more stuff like this. Wonder who it will be next?

January 11 2007 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Luvya

I think that she is not good for the show...she is a
trouble maker! She makes the ladies on the show looks bad. Barbara walter's made a big mistake by bringing her on the show. Donald was right she talks like a truck driver. Barbara thought getting rid of star and bring rosie would have been a great idea......huh! is she in for a rude awakening.

January 11 2007 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dennis

"We're in touch, so you be in touch". Yeah, sure.

January 11 2007 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paula

Rosie...keep your cool and enjoy the ride. You are a great mom and I honestly enjoy watching you on "The View". I couldn't stand Star, the phony "user", who got a little too big for her own good. Talk about using her position for self-benefit!! Rosie, you are real. I don't always agree with your views, but you make me laugh and I'm sure there are tons of others who feel the same way. The differences between you and Trump are immense...the biggest being you have class. All the money in the world can't buy him that. You are a good parent....he's simply a parent. So hold your head up and "enjoy the view"......

January 11 2007 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lucy Colby

For the people that are offended by Trump's remark about being fat: people, get a life & quit whining! I'm a 5'4 woman & weigh 207 pounds. I've got too many interesting & FUN things going on in my life to worry about somebody calling me fat....so grow a backbone & stop getting your jollies being a "victim." Oh, I forgot-- it's fashionable to be a "victim" these days & whine about someone else's politically incorrect treatment of you.....and since Ms O'Donnell threw the first punch, not only toward Trump but Kelley Ripa & who knows who else, then she deserves everything she gets. I hope Trump crushes her.

January 11 2007 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply