September 30, 2014

First half of Entourage's third season on DVD in April

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jan 11th 2007 9:25AM

Entourage, Season Three (Part 1)Fans of Ari's one-liners, Turtle's blunt rolling abilities, and Johnny Drama's diva sized ego can sigh a breath of relief. Info on the next Entourage DVD set has finally been released. The set, which contains the first 12 episodes of season three, will come out on Tuesday, April 3.

Expected to cost $39.98, the set will also contain various commentaries as well as a featurette on the ninth episode of the season, "Vegas Baby, Vegas."

I'm actually excited about this. Ever since I got HBO OnDemand, I've watched the first and second seasons far too many times to count. So I never saw the need to buy them. Season three I only saw once - when it originally aired. I honestly thought the third season (the first half anyway) was a bit of step down from the the first two. So I'd like to see it again because this is definitely one of those shows that gains value with repeat viewings.

Entourage returns to HBO on Sunday, March 18 with the second half of season three premiere, "Dog Day Afternoon."

[via TV Shows on DVD]

Hone Money

The series kind of petered out after the ex-con got kicked out of the house.

Would be cool he was around more.

January 22 2007 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cameron

Season 3 Part 2 has 8 episodes and Season 4 got a 12 episode order.

I HATE it when HBO splits the box sets for seasons like this. Its just so they can make money, and now I have to buy 2 box sets instead of just 1 if they came out with a full Season 3

January 18 2007 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C Carson

Prediction...Bob Ryan sold the Ramones script to Dana Gordon. Vince will get the part...all will eventually be forgotten with Ari.

January 15 2007 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Love--love--this series. I too have watched the episodes over and over again OnDemand.

Good to hear that Part 2 of Season 3 will be back on March 18.

January 11 2007 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan Toomey

Joey --

Just like the sixth and final season of "The Sopranos," HBO has split the third season of "Entourage" into two parts. I'm not 100% positive, but I think the second half of the season has 11 episodes. Just check out the DVD box art, it's clearly labeled as Season Three, Part 1.

January 11 2007 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

First 12 episodes of season 3? So what, do they have one more episode in the season? Or is HBO going to actually give this series a full broadcast sized season? It seems incredibly unlikely, but that would be cool

January 11 2007 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply