November 22, 2014

Golden Globe winners - Live results!

by Sandy Deane, posted Jan 15th 2007 8:00PM

Golden Globes on NBCHey, the Golden Globes are on NBC right now! Keep refreshing your browser if you're not watching the show as we'll have the winners as they're announced. (Winners will be in bold and underlined.)

Click here to see a complete list of all TV and film winners, then see tons of red carpet photos.

Best Television Series - Drama
Big Love
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes
Lost

Best Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Marcia Cross (Desperate Housewives)
America Ferrera (Ugly Betty)
Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (New Adventures of Old Christine)
Mary Louise Parker (Weeds)

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Desperate Housewives
Entourage
The Office
Ugly Betty
Weeds

Best Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)

Zach Braff (Scrubs)
Steve Carell (The Office)
Jason Lee (My Name is Earl)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)

Best Actress in a Mini-series or TV Movie
Gillian Anderson (Bleak House)
Annette Bening (Mrs. Harris)
Helen Mirren (Elizabeth I)
Helen Mirren (Prime Suspect: The Final Act)
Sophie Okonedo (Tsunami, the Aftermath)

Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie
Andre Braugher (Thief)
Robert Duvall (Broken Trail)
Michael Ealy (Sleeper Cell: American Terror)
Chiwetel Ejiofor (Tsunami, the Aftermath)
Ben Kingsley (Mrs. Harris)
Bill Nighy (Gideon's Daughter)
Matthew Perry (The Ron Clark Story)

Best Mini-Series or TV Movie
Bleak House
Broken Trail
Elizabeth I

Mrs. Harris
Prime Suspect: The Final Act

Best Actor in a Television Series
Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy)
Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
Hugh Laurie (House)
Bill Paxton (Big Love)
Kiefer Sutherland (24)

Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series or Movie
Emily Blunt (Gideon's Daughter)
Toni Collette (Tsunami, the Aftermath)
Katherine Heigl (Grey's Anatomy)
Sarah Paulson (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip)
Elizabeth Perkins (Weeds)

Best Actress in a Television Series
Patricia Arquette (Medium)
Edie Falco (The Sopranos)
Evangeline Lilly (Lost)
Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy)
Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)

Best Supporting Actor in Series, Mini-Series or Movie
Thomas Haden Church (Broken Trail)
Jeremy Irons (Elizabeth I)
Justin Kirk (Weeds)
Masi Oka (Heroes)
Jeremy Piven (Entourage)

Pat

I don't know exactly where to write this coomment, so I just choose this spot. I am sooooooooo SICK of Angeliunea Jolie's snug, holier-than-thou attitude. When I saw her, on the red carpet, barely smiling, i wanted to puke! She looked as if Brad had forced her to appear at this oh, so much lower that she, event. She only smiled when a camera was directly shooting her. The rest of the time, I thought she looked as if she was just TOO GOOD TO BE APPEARING AT THIS HORRIFIC EVENT. AFTER ALL, IT WASN'T ABOUT ADOPTING CHILDREN FROM OTHER COUNRTIES, or anything else so much more worth while in her book. Angelina makes me sick, with her smuggness. She should stay out of this country all together, if she isn't comfortable here. But then she should give back all of the money that she has earned working for American film companies. Go back to Africa, you self- absorbed witch. There are thousands of other families who adopt unwanted babies, but they don't splash their faces all over the magazines, to further their own reputations. Such a sorry person.

January 20 2007 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Helen Dougherty

Sascha Baron Cohen's acceptance speech on NBC prime time was the most vulgar, disgusting and need I say VILE piece of filth I have ever witnessed on TV. It as NOT at all entertaining and would have been too "blue" even for most HBO comedy shows. How anyone with any degree of class could laugh at that scurilous trash is beyond me. Maybe the frat boys during a beer bust might enjoy it, but beyond that how DARE he use that graphic bit of garbage on American TV? AND what is even MORE amazing -- where was the FCC and their banning of obscene material? Somebody should have had the guts to give that foul-mouthed creep the hook!!

Why hasn't anyone objected to this bathroom humor on primetime TV? Is everyone afraid of being branded a blue-nose? What has become of NBC's standards? I realize they're very much behind in the ratings game but they should have definitely read that creep's "speech" before subjecting the American public to that example of gutter humor. I have just lost all respect for NBC.

January 16 2007 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alice

David, you've said it. Everyone who reads the Studio 60 blog has heard you say it a dozen times. We're all actually wondering when exactly Sarah Paulson dumped your sorry behind and how long you're going to be bitter about it. Is there an end in sight?

January 16 2007 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laurena H. Suess

I Think it's great that Helen Mirren won the Golden Globes for playing both Elizabeth I & II! I think she such a great actress!

January 16 2007 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C. Robertson

Cameron Diaz looked like Olive Oyl!!

January 16 2007 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I agree with Joe 122%. It's not to say that MCH wasn;t brilliant on Dexter, but I do think people had a hard time shaking off Six Feet Under. (It took me an episode or two to so it.)

January 16 2007 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

I think Hugh Laurie is deserving of the award this year, especially because House has been through some tough times since the last Golden Globes. I'm just worried that Jack's current screwed-up state of mind will mean he gets the globe next year instead of Michael C. Hall, who should blow next season out of the water.

January 16 2007 at 3:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phish

Alec Baldwin was a good choice, it was a tough race. But Michael C. Hall should have won for best tv actor, drama. that was a NO BRAINER!! he was ROBBED!

January 16 2007 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

Yup, Michael C. Hall and Zach Braff should have won, imo. Alec Baldwin would have been my second choice.

Oh well.

January 16 2007 at 12:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

The Globes have a habit of giving acting awards to newer shows (Jason Bateman, Ian McShane, Teri Hatcher, Jennifer Garner, Mary Louise Parker) and now America Ferrara, but why give Hugh Laurie another one especially after he won last year? I was expecting MCH to win especially after his stellar work. I guess the show is not popular enough right now (as evidenced by the little applause he got).

And Grey's Anatomy as Best Drama? Bah. Well at least Sacha Baron Cohen won (what an acceptance speech!).

January 16 2007 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply