July 29, 2014

Darlene Conley dead at 72

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 16th 2007 2:41PM

Darlene ConleyBold and the Beautiful star Darlene Conley died of stomach cancer on Sunday in Los Angeles.

She has starred on the show as Sally Spectra for 20 years, and was diagnosed with cancer only three months ago. Producers and writers were actually developing a storyline for her to deal with the diagnosis.

Besides The Bold and the Beautiful and three other soaps (Days of Our Lives, The Young and the Restless, and General Hospital), Conley guest-starred on several other TV shows, including The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Murder, She Wrote, Highway To Heaven, The Jeffersons, Little House on the Prairie, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Gunsmoke, Cagney and Lacey, and Ironside. She also did the voice of Mrs. Claus in Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July.

kath

im so sad she died. it's a huge loss to the daytime. i loved her as sally. b&b will neve be the same without her. She was a very vibrant soul. she will be missed!

March 15 2007 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carter

She was such a vivacious lady. She will be missed.

February 14 2007 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie Ngongang

Darlene dear rest in peace and may GOD be your shepper and may he bring you into his light because you was a good person and because trhough Sally you inspire more people that i can tell watching always make me laugh even when i was sad. I' m from Africa [Cameroon] and when i've learn on the 26 after the show that Sally is gone i've called my sister from Cameroon she was so shocked by the news. Darlene was a part of our life just like the other cast of BB we grow up watching her.My condolences to the family and all the cast members.

January 31 2007 at 10:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Videsh

Darlene played a very exciting rolled as Sally in The Bold and The Beautiful, I really did enjoyed her and Massimo. She was really something else in The Young and The Restless as Rose DaVille. May God Bless Her as She Rest In Peace.

January 27 2007 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
porsha

i am truely sad to hear of darlene (sally) passing.i loved her as sally.who is going to go toe to toe with stephany now? rest in peace.porsha

January 27 2007 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rosemary

Sally will be sadly missed. I loved her character

January 27 2007 at 7:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
donna&brian

We're very sorry to hear of Darlene Conley's passing. Our condolences go out to her family. The Bold & Beautiful will not be the same without her. She shall be missed

D&B Sydney,NS

January 26 2007 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joy Wodowski

I just heard about Darlene Conley today after B & B aired. I was so shocked at her passing, I cried. I loved her character! Sally Spectra was a riot! She will be greatly missed. May she rest in peace.

January 26 2007 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply