July 25, 2014

Remaining Day Break episodes will be shown online

by Brett Love, posted Jan 17th 2007 4:29PM
Taye DiggsPeople have been wondering for some time now just what ABC is going to do with all those extra Day Break episodes that they paid for. All traces of the show disappeared from their website recently, leading many to believe that DVD was the only option for getting to the rest of the story.

We might not have to wait that long though. As Joel reported yesterday, ABC entertainment president Stephen McPherson announced that remaining episodes will be available online by the end of February. There weren't any details about how the release is going to go. I would prefer just dumping them all on the site for a marathon viewing, but at this point even one a week would be just fine. They are sticking to the 'music clearance' issue as the reason for the delay. And of course, this comes with all the foibles usually associated with TV on the internet. But hey, it's better than nothing.

[thanks Matt ]

Matt

Wow, I was about to give up, I taped every episode and now I I can see the actual ending?

Hopefully some of my comments got through to the brass.

Matt ... the long winded one

PS.
Thanks for listeneing

March 06 2007 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keepyourfingerscrossed

"FINALLY this was the best new show (dare I say better than LOST)"

Wow, i thought i was the only one who felt this way! I started watching Jericho and Heroes too and Daybreak was way better than either of those. Heroes is decent, Jericho is pretty weak, IMO. Daybreak rocks!

January 18 2007 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Measure

According to http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6408144.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2228

The first three un-aired episodes will hit abc.com on Jan 29th.

January 18 2007 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
daybreakfan

Finally, and its actually true...

January 18 2007 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Dorr

Thank freakin' god! I couldn't believe they would pay for all these episodes and then just can it. I'll definitely be watching the ABC site like a hawk for these. I personally thought it was a great show that was really starting to pick up.

January 17 2007 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

FINALLY this was the best new show (dare I say better than LOST) ive been coming on here and checking ramdomly whether you've found out when I can see the end and my search has ended. Now I just have to hope the ABC site will work this time. When I tried to watch the 9 online it kept freezing. And that was in the USA on a broadband highspeed connection. I've had better luck with NBC's online shows, simpler media to use.

January 17 2007 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVSeriesFinale.com

Unfortunately a lot of people can't view episodes online (slow systems, no high bandwidth available in their area, live outside the US, etc.).

You can sign the petition (over 4,000 signatures) by going here:

January 17 2007 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

January 17 2007 at 5:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kip

tbs/sci fi---please take ownership of this show ASAP. Networks can't handle this but you can.

January 17 2007 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Gee, maybe I should bother to watch those last 2 on my TiVo after all.

January 17 2007 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply