April 24, 2014

It's Colbert vs. O'Reilly tonight!

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 18th 2007 11:05AM
bill o'reilly; stephen colbertTonight is the night, people. Set the TiVos and send the kids to bed early... Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert will be guests on each other's shows.

It all starts at 8 pm when Colbert goes to the mothership Fox Newschannel to be interrupted and talked over on The O'Reilly Factor. How will O'Reilly handle it? Will he pretend he doesn't get Colbert? Or, will he be a jerk? Will Stephen be able to hold his own or get a word in edgewise? Oh, I think so. And I think he'll be stroking Mr. O'Reilly's ego the entire time.

Then, at 10:30 11:30 pm the fun moves over to Comedy Central where 'Papa Bear' will be a guest on The Colbert Report. It'll be interesting--to say the least--to see how Colbert handles O'Reilly's attempts to hijack his show (because you know he will).

Robert B

Judging from the broadcast, I'm fairly certain that O'Reilly's interview with Colbert took place before the Cobert Report taping.

It looks like most of O'Reilly's fluff segments are taped earlier in the day or even in the week.

January 19 2007 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

Why do people feel the need to post how uninterested they are?

January 19 2007 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GhaleonQ

*yawns*

January 19 2007 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan Hoffman

O'Reilly is taped an hour or two prior to broadcast.

January 18 2007 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Rakunas

"...it's really an actor going up against a political commentator."

Really? I didn't know Bill O'Reilly did any acting work.

January 18 2007 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Corey

The O'Reilly Factor, so far as I know, is done live, so The Colbert Report would happen first but The O'Reilly Factor would air first

January 18 2007 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HandsOff

I'm impressed with O'Reilly for agreeing to do this tete-a-tete with Colbert. At least it shows he has a sense of humor and is willing to poke fun at himself.

January 18 2007 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DB Ferguson (from www.nofactzone.net)

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Every possible scenario I have envisioned in my head ends up a win/win for Colbert and Papa Bear. If I could do one of those rants that the kids do with ZOMG and lots of random letters without looking like a goof, I assure you I would.

January 18 2007 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

I just set my DVR for (a-hem!) both shows. When I set the DVR for FOX news and the O'Reilly Factor it started smoking and the circuit breaker blew. Now I may have to go to a friends house to watch.

Thanks for the heads-up, Anna.

January 18 2007 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

With taping schedules, I wonder which segment will actually happen first, regarless of air times? One could color the other.

I went to an early test-taping of Colbert and I think it was at 7 EST. Don't know about O'Reilly.

January 18 2007 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply