October 20, 2014

Rosie set to leave The View for her own show

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 18th 2007 2:33PM

RosieWell, here's a new twist to the never-ending saga of The View: Rosie O'Donnell will leave the show for her own solo talk show later this year.

That's according to TV Week, which cites inside sources as saying that O'Donnell has a clause in her contract saying that after a certain amount of time she can leave for her own show (though the contract also says that she has to negotiate with the Walt Disney Company -- ABC is owned by Disney -- before she goes anywhere else).

So I guess this is a question for both Rosie fans and fans of The View: would this be a good move for both of them? Rosie left her first talk show several years ago in a big way, so why would she want to go back to that? Then again, she did agree to come back to TV full-time on The View, so that's probably not a concern.

Maybe Barbara Walters can get Ivanka Trump to take her place on The View?

(And while we're talking about Rosie, TMZ has video of her dumping on American Idol and Paula Abdul this morning.)

Mary Stewart

What, Rosie O'Donnell gets her own show again??? She lost the one she had before for shooting her mouth off at Tom Selleck over the NRA. Apparently she didn't learn anything from that fiasco. {{{yawn}}} Some people just never learn. Oh well, I for one will have to miss it... I'm just not into trash or masochism.

January 20 2007 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
S

Rosie has lost any respect and appreciation I had for her as an actress and a comedian. She is quick to criticize others for looks, opinions, actions, etc, but if someone criticizes her she can't take it. The View should definitely end now and spare the painful slow death it is currently experiencing. Rosie has made it the female version of the Jerry Springer Show with low class actions and deeds.

January 20 2007 at 6:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandi

I love Rosie, I may not always agree with what she has to say, but that is the beauty of America. She has her VIEW and I may have another. Please don't leave the show Rosie. You are the best thing that ever happened to that show. You are real and down to earth and us regular gals like that. In my VIEW, keep up the good work!

January 20 2007 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynne Wyre

Why is okay to make fun of others if you are a comedian? Joy and Rosie continually say this - but when they are on The View they are not doing a stand-up routine. They are people first and it is not okay to make fun of others,or to say ching-chong, or to make fun of someone's hair just because you are a comedian! Rosie was the first to make ridicule and make fun of someone's appearance. She is not a good role model for her children.

January 20 2007 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

Good riddance to Rosie the fat ass. She is a person who thinks she knows everything but unfortunantely knows nothing. Stupid prople follow her because they don't know better. Independent thinkers see right through her. She could never win a structured debate with her thought process. Say good night Rosie.

January 20 2007 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
steve

Rosie does not deserve all this attention. Hypersensitive to weight and homosexual issues, but doesn't care if she insults any other groups. The view needs to add an attractive nice person to counter-act her unattractive rudeness.

January 20 2007 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick

Opinions are one thing.....but when you express those opinions over national TV with the possibility of damaging a person's reputation it can quickly become slander. So all you Rosie defenders who want to defend her right to her opinions, you're right, she can have opinions...until she expresses them on The View...I hope Paula sues her.

January 20 2007 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mata

I am saddened as I read all of the comments. This is something I have not done in the past.
All of the ridicule pointed not just at Rosie, but for all of the beautiful women. I was brought up to find
good in everyone. If I don't like something in someone I will keep silent. We don't have the right
to judge someone's education, appearance, etc. Joy may seem harsh because she has seen more
of the world, Elisabeth may seem narrow minded because she is young and has hopes and desires for everything good, as she has not seen the harshness of things to come. Barbara is called old because of her decisions but that is not for us to decide. These beautiful women are all different and just as many of you have mentioned, that is why it is called "The View". Please search your hearts and stop the name calling. You feel you should do it because someone else did. Two wrongs do not make a wrong. Please look for the good in everyone and let this stop.

January 20 2007 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melody

I love Rosie, I started watching the View when she started co-hosting it! It made the show come to life. I respect her because she's the only one that has the guts to stand up for what she believes. She voices her opinion...since its a free country SHE CAN DO THAT!! Keep doing what you are doing Rosie, I respect you for doing what you are doing!

January 20 2007 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

ROSIE IS A BIG FAT PIG AND NEEDS TO LEAVE THE VIEW!!! RIGHT NOW!!! JUST GO ROSIE !!! YOUR'RE FAT!!!

January 20 2007 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply