Rosie makes Paula Abdul her latest "celenemy"

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Jan 19th 2007 4:02PM
RosieRosie's reportedly at it again. She's causing controversy on The View, making more celebrity enemies, or what I call "celenemies." I've been trying to ignore all the hubbub surrounding her star-studded pissing matches with Trump, Kelly Ripa, and the country of China, but since I'm reporting on all things related to American Idol, I am obligated to bring you the latest.

Here's what happened. On Wednesday's episode of The View, Rosie remarked, "Paula was very thirsty last night," implying that Abdul was hitting the sauce throughout the show, until she was blotto. The very next day, angered by the way the judges cruelly treated a certain "monkey-looking" contestant, Rosie called the judges -- "three millionaires, one probably intoxicated."

Okay, I'm not quite sure these are "fighting words" worthy of a real celebrity face-off. Rosie is not the first person to call Paula a drunk. In fact, tons of bloggers have already said so, and more, based on Paula's erratic and loopy behavior of late. And like Rosie, many people were offended by Wednesday's night's "spectacle of cruelty."

The difference, of course, is that Rosie is a celebrity herself and celebrities are expected to "play nice" and avoid controversy as much as possible. This is like a golden rule in an ultra-competitive industry where often it's more important who you know, than what you know. Make too many "celenemies" and eventually nobody is going to have your back, or return your calls. And you can forget about getting any invites to the hot celebrity weddings!

Remember when people used to refer to Rosie O'Donnell as "The Queen of Nice?" Yeah, not so much, anymore. Of course, back when Rosie reigned as the queen of her own talk show, I heard from several insiders (that's me bragging) that she really was a raving bitch backstage, once the cameras were off. Now all of America gets to see her true colors. I personally think that Rosie is suffering from "blogging brain" (another little phrase I just made up). Used to spouting her personal opinions online, Rosie has lost the ability to filter thoughts between her brain and large mouth.

What do you think? Should Rosie shut her piehole already? Or do you like the new-and-improved "honest" Rosie who refuses to play the celebrity ass-kissing game?

cmusicgal

Personally I think Rosie is a pig! She should take some serious lessons from Ellen Degeneres and add a little class to her act.

All of these people she continually bashes are in the "entertainment" industry. I for one am not impressed with people constantly using their position on national television to bash others. Does she have major self esteem issues or what?

As for American Idol, the judges do get a rough with the contestants from time to time. However, every one of the contestants have watched American Idol and know this from the start. They know there is a possibility that they are going to be seen on national television being slammed by the judges. So if they don't want to be subjected to that, then they should not get in the competition.

March 05 2007 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peyton

I thought that I liked Rosie at one time but the more popular she became the more entitled she acted. I didn't like the way she treated some of her guests. When she wasn't "impressed" by what they had to say she dismissed them all together which was rude. I think that Rosi just got too big for her britches..No pun intended. I'm surprised anyone gets a word in when Rosi is on the show!

March 01 2007 at 2:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
judi vaughn

rosie , give it a rest. cant you say something nice for a change, putting down everyone else make you feel better about yourself?

March 01 2007 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LORI J. PAUL

I was a fan of Rosie's at one time, but she apparently acted "Nice" but she is a mean-snot who thinks she knows everything. If you have an negative opinion about someone in the public eye like Trump, keep it to yourself--it may come back to bite you. You are entitled to your opinion, just don't let the world know it. That Rosie with the Big Mouth!

March 01 2007 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SARA JANE TURNER

I LOVE ROSIE O'DONNEL AND DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET THE "VIEW" BUT I BET SHE IS GREAT AT LETTNG IT ALL HANG OUT. GO ROSIE! I HAVE BEEN WONDERING EVER SINCE HIS FIRST TV SHOW WHY IN THE WORLD SOMEONE WOULD PUT DONAL TRUMP ON TV FOR ANY SHOW...GIVE THE TIME TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO REALLY NEEDS MONEY. HE SHOULD JUST SIT AT HOME AT COUNT HIS BILLS...OR MAYBE NOW HE FIGURES HE HAS ENOUGH OF IT SO HE CAN FINALLY OPEN HIS MOUTH AND NO ONE WOULD DARE MAKE FUN OF HIM FOR FEAR OF REPRISALS....GO ROSIE! ONE OF YOUR FANS, SARA

March 01 2007 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sally

I think Rosie is a joke and a disgrace for women.
I always thought Bar. Walters had more taste than
this.....to have put Rosie on this show. I wouldn't
stupe as low as to watch ugly Rosie. A fat pig.

March 01 2007 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joy Hardwick

I really use to like this show. It was fun to watch.
I do not turn it one any more because of Rosie!

March 01 2007 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

Dear Rosie:

Although, I do love you and think you are hillarious. I do have one thing to say about Paula Abdul. If she was diagnosed with Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)/Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD) why isn't she doing something about it for herself and others.
This is a chronic pain disorder and I have had it for a little over 10-years and I am not getting better. It is full body now and there is no cure. You go through test, after test, after test hoping and praying that it will help but it doesn't. The pain doesn't stop. Many meds. are required to take, at least for me. This is unseen so it is hard to tell what kind of pain one is in.

There is another problem the word needs to get out there to everyone that this does exist and it is a problem, it is REAL. Professionals as well as the public to have access to information about RSD and they would if they read about it to learn what it does do to not just the person but the family. The information is there all it takes is to read it.

My income consists of SSI and SSDI and I travel to New London, CT to one of my Neurologists Dr. Laurence Radin and the other is Dr. Robert Schwartzman, Philadelphia, PA. I am not complaining, it is the fact that this illness does exist and I believe that Ms. Abdul should bring it out to the front more where it is accepted and understood.

Thank you for your time with this matter. It has been appreciated.

Sincerely,
Cheryl L. Zanni

February 09 2007 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
v marg

rosie makes remarks about every one maybe because her love life is so screwed up / she wants so to be a man and she is so jealous of trump because he keeps himself neat and respected/ also of the female clan she is one jealous bitch of every female on earth / no one said any thing when her first lover dumped to get married and have a family mabey she really knew what kind of a person she was /

January 25 2007 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave Janda

Rosie let me correct your 4 year old little girl.
She was mistaken You are fat ugly and pathetic.
Impeach Bush? Give me a break you witch. Just because you give out thousands of dollars of freebees from companys looking for free advertisements to your captive audience does not permit you to make such outlandish unthinkable statements for us the American public. Just shut up and go away.

January 24 2007 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply