Katharine McPhee will promote album release all over TV

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Jan 20th 2007 4:48PM
Katherine McPhee Album CoverAmerican Idol's Season Five runner-up, Katharine McPhee, is going to be sharing her very special McPheever all over the TV in the upcoming weeks while promoting the January 30th release of her self-titled debut album. So McPhee Phans, set your TIVOs:

January 29 -- Tonight Show With Jay Leno
January 31 -- The Today Show
February 1 -- Live With Regis & Kelly
February 1 -- A guest appearance on Ugly Betty
February 5 -- TRL
February 6 -- The Early Show
Februay 7 -- Jimmy Kimmel Live
February 8 -- Larry King Live

McPhee kicked off her promotional tour on January 19, by appearing on the the fastest growing, most-talked about internet video series, www.lonelygirl15.com. And yes, I am going to just nod and pretend like I know what the hell "lonelygirl15.com" is.

You can listen to McPhee's first single, "Over It" on her myspace page. Her voice isn't as strong as Kelly Clarkson's, but I think that "Over It" sounds like the type of song that radio stations will play. Throw it on the soundtrack of a Lindsey Lohan/Hilary Duff movie and it could be a hit. What do you think?

Frank

I wouldn't listen to anything she sings let alone
buy her CD. She's so FULL of HERSELF it's
SICKENING and so is SHE.

January 21 2007 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Hey Judy...you should check out Katharine McPhee's CD, there will be a few songs on it I think you'll like. Better Off Alone is amazing, and there are a few other ballads like Ordinary World that are generating a lot of buzz! I've liked her music so far (especially Love Story!), but it isn't typically what I'd normally listen to. I know that there will be plenty to keep me interested though. I hope you like some of the songs on it!

January 21 2007 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
judy

I love Katharine Mcphee!! I loved her songs on American Idol with the exception of Black Horse and a Cherry Tree. The music I have heard so far on her album is is NOT my Taste. I don't think I will buy that CD but I STILL WANT TO COME BACK AS KTHARINE MCPHEE IN MY NEXT LIFE!! SHE IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE HER VOICE. WISH SHE WOULD MAKE A CD WITH SOME OF HER GREATS FROM THE SHOW. KATHERINE,,, HOPE TO SEE YOU ON BROADWAY SOMEDAY. YOU WOULD BE GREAT!!

January 20 2007 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Another point, AI losers appear to be the real winners...

January 20 2007 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Her music's not my taste, but she sure is.

January 20 2007 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply