July 29, 2014

Cagney and Lacey coming to DVD

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 21st 2007 4:01PM

cagney and laceyAre you a fan of Cagney and Lacey, or do you just enjoy collecting things that have the words "Cagney" and "Lacey" on them for reasons you can't really explain? If so, I have good news: Cagney and Lacey is coming to DVD. TVShowsOnDVD linked to this USA Today story that reads the DVDs will be out soon, though what exactly those sets will consist of is still unknown.

Cagney and Lacey starred Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless as two female police officers working in a male-dominated profession. Gless replaced actress Meg Foster as Cagney after the first six episodes. The series ran from 1982 to 1988 and was almost canceled after the first season, but was brought back when ratings improved during the summer reruns and fans wrote to CBS in protest. The series actually began in1981 as a made-for-TV movie with Loretta Swit playing the role of Cagney.

Nancy Hendrickson

Barney Rosenzweig, Exec. Producer of Cagney & Lacey just posted a blazing shot at MGM over the delay in releasing the C&L DVDs. It's on Barney's blog at http://www.cagneyandlacey.com

March 22 2007 at 9:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tom_squick

Cagney!

January 23 2007 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
astrogirl

It was news to me too. As someone not in the US "USA Today" is not something I frequently read, so having the heads up is totally awesome. Something to celebrate in fact! I loved that show when I was younger, I can't wait to see it again and find out what bonus features will be included. Thankyou! :)

January 22 2007 at 1:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

When this show was on, I thought it was the best show on TV. Not only were the characters interesting and memorable, but it was a darn good police procedural as well. Cagney always came through with a brilliant way to track down the perp, and Lacey's way with people was fun to watch. The supporting cast was always alternately funny and dramatic, Cagney and Lacey were a real female "buddy team" before Thelma and Louise drove their car off a cliff.

January 22 2007 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladi

I'm glad you did it. I hadn't heard the news until I heard it from you. Thanks.

January 21 2007 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

This was posted late because I've been away. That will happen sometimes. I'll post "old news" if I think people will be interested and might not have seen it posted elsewhere. The only concern I have is making sure readers know what's going on TV-wise. If that means going back to grab stories I may have missed, I'll do it. I'm not wired into my computer 24 hours a day.

January 21 2007 at 4:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Classic TVsquad... posting someone else's story that is 4 days old.

January 21 2007 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply