November 24, 2014

CW streaming full episodes

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 21st 2007 12:01PM

one tree hillThe CW is now streaming full episodes of select series on its site. Right now you can watch episodes of Everybody Hates Chris, Veronica Mars, One Tree Hill, Girlfriends, Beauty and the Geek, The Game, All of Us and Supernatural. As far as I can tell, it looks like episodes are added soon after they air on television, so there are no "sneak peeks," at least not yet.

Also, for you Mac users out there, the in-browser player should work just fine. According to the site's FAQ, the player will work in Firefox, too. I'm completely useless when it comes to technology, so if I'm wrong about that, share your complaints in the comments and we'll all break into The CW headquarters together and demand they scrap this player for a better one. Also, we'll snag Kristen Bell for this cloning project I've been working on.

I encourage y'all to also check out this list of sites where you can watch full-length episodes. Note that this is a list of legitimate sites, not torrents or sites like YouTube. Of course, if you use those methods, what do I care?

zaphod

video.cwtv.com is still incompatible with Windows Vista. I hope they fix it soon.

March 27 2007 at 5:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yaron

Hmm... Some interesting bits from their license agreement:

"We may change, amend, or otherwise update this Agreement at discretion at any time."

I do hope they wanted to say "at OUR discretion". Otherwise it's pretty disquieting, them announcing in advance that they'll change it quietly behind the scenes to include whatever they want.

"You will never be required to reveal your password to any representative or agent of Ancestry, its owners or agents."

Sounds fine, but nowhere else on the entire license is the word "Ancestry". I've no idea who "Ancestry" is, how are they related to the site ("Move Networks") or why would they even feel the need to say that I won't be required to give them my password.

A little searching finds ancestry.netscape.com, that have a similar Terms page.
I'm just not sure why the CW saw the need to copy their license, and to do it so sloppily as well.
Though, mind you, Ancestry did have "our" in the ability to change their terms at discretion. So maybe for the CW it's intentional. Hmm...

January 23 2007 at 10:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Yay! Mac user support, and Firefox support! I wonder if that has anything to do with CW's audience skewing younger, and they know that Macs and Firefox are more popular with younger people?

Too bad there aren't many good shows on this half-network. Congratulations to them anyway for making a video streaming site that works for everyone (oops, I shouldn't say that--does it work outside the U.S.? Most of these don't.)

January 22 2007 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trina

I've used the CW's player with Firefox and it worked quite well. I was pretty impressed with it, in fact. It worked much better than the CBS and ABC players did when I tried them out.

January 21 2007 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Seems as though Vista isn't supported yet. "We're sorry, but only the following operating systems are supported at this time:

Microsoft Windows 2000/XP (not Vista)
(Intel) Apple Macintosh OS X or later
(PPC) Apple Macintosh OS X or later

Please check back soon for support for other operating systems."

January 21 2007 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tozmervo

Wow, this is pretty nice. I just rewatched VM's "Spit and Eggs" in preparation for her triumphant return Tuesday. I didn't think it was possible for a network to make this so easy and painless.

January 21 2007 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

One Tree Hill is one of the worst show son TV. I watched the first few episodes that dealt with brothers and basketball. The ratings were bad so then the changed it. They killed off the uncle only to have him come back. The dad was "dead" too and is now mayor os something. This still is the worst soap oprea on TV.

January 21 2007 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply