December 20, 2014

The Greg Behrendt Show canceled

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 24th 2007 2:20PM
greg behrendtAnd the world yawns as syndicators announce they've canceled The Greg Behrendt Show. But they're not pulling the plug immediately. According to TV Week, production will continue for the short-term and possibly through the end of the season but it will definitely be gone by the fall. Sony Television says it dropped Behrendt because he's creepy and has no business hosting a talk show. I kid! Actually, the majority of subscribing stations opted not to renew it in favor of The Steve Wilkos Show. Who is Steve Wilkos? He's a bouncer on Jerry Springer and his show is on fire with affiliates.

Other syndication casualties this year include The Megan Mullally Show and Geraldo at Large. Do the changes improve daily television viewing choices? Eh. Probably not.

IRMA OROZCO

ISN'T IT A SHAME THAT SOME ARE THREATENED BY THOSE WHO ARE INNOVATIVE, TALENTED AND CHARISMATIC? I LOVE GREG B. HE ISN'T CREEPY AND HE WEARS HIS CLOTHES VERY WELL... HE WAS ONE OF THE VERY FEW HOSTS ON TELEVISION THAT SEEMED TO GENUINELY CARE ABOUT HIS GUESTS. HE BROUGHT REAL GUESTS ON--TO SHARE THEIR ISSUES TO HELP OTHERS--NOT TO USE THEM AND EXPLOIT THEM FOR RATINGS. HOPE THOSE IN CHARGE CHANGE THEIR MINDS ABOUT CANCELING THE SHOW. THERE WILL BE SUCH A VOID. I REALLY ENJOYED THE IDEA OF HAVING A BIG BROTHER ON TELEVISION--EVENTHOUGH I AM OLDER. ALSO WHAT A POSITIVE ROLE MODEL TO THOSE IN RECOVERY. KEEP GREG ON!!!!!!!WHO DO WE NEED TO CONTACT?

April 15 2007 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

I am so sorry to see this show go. I have been watching it since it first aired and it is so nice to watch a daytime talkshow that's not all trash and fighting. As far as the person who was on the show about pageants who felt deceived get over it. I'm sure it was you and not the show. I know the show had more than a couple of hundred viewers and alot of people are going to miss this show and Stacey the Psychiatrist is awesome!!!!!!!!!

April 11 2007 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tommy

I'm just finding out about the show being cancelled and I'm pissed!! This guy actually knows what he's talking about. To you people who think he is weird or a freak u people r the freaks!!! U r probably the ones that actually like seeing shows like Jerry Springer! That show should be cancelled! FYI: His book speaks the truth!!!

April 06 2007 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeannie McIver

Greg B TV was a breath of fresh air. Watching his style, his sense of humor, his ability to be honest and tell it like it is was much better than that stupid DR.Phil. Dr. Phil tries to insult you then help you. Even when Greg tells it like it is, he is never rude and he makes you feel good while he is helping you. It really is too bad that once you find a great show to watch that makes you feel good, some idiot executive for the station decides to take the show off the air. Greg you keep on rockin!

April 05 2007 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley

I like Greg and I am upset that they are taking off his show! Its not the best but I watch it everyday! lol Its amusing, but sometimes its boring. :( I am watching it right now they are talking about FEARS and it just came back from commercial so I'm going to support the show some more!
P.S- Greg's fear is BUGS!!

April 03 2007 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeana

Man that is a shame. I really liked him. Their where times when I did think he was wrong, but he's usually right. At least he is'nt on the same subject every show. Like Montel and Maury. YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER, YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER, YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER, YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER. If anyone watches talk shows you will know what "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER " means. Also I have written Oprah 10 times and the B has'nt even replied to even reject me. She is to busy to help people here. She quoted once that she helped people in Harlem and New York and they did'nt appriciate it. Well dang she did'nt go to the right places then huh. I wish he was still around. I need major help.He has such a good heart and I know he helps people like me. So to all the people that bash him, bash Oprah, Maury, and Montel because they don't care at all. Also when Oprah helps people shes getting all the money back in taxes per year. So really she isnt helping them. If it wernt for us, she would be poor.

April 02 2007 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

What are his credentials to tell anyone how or what to do anything???- He's a hack writer who had his 15 minutes when that other awful show Sex and the City was on, and if his stand up act is as funny as those lame ass skits he does on his show- he'll be homeless a week after the the last show airs. I recently had back surgery and my wife was home with me for the first few days and we spent time together trying to watch some television.
Let me just say that I am glad I have a job and am not forced to sit and watch daytime TV for any amount of time. Every show is nothing but people screaming at each other, yelling about who's the daddy of this kid, who's cheating on who or you have the really horrible ones, like the Greg Show that really have no substance or entertainment value--Just uninteresting--I'm waiting for him to break out his "piano key" tie- He must be a big fan of Duran Duran--The flashy- "I'm trying to be way too hip for my own good" wardrobe was a misguided error--He is creepy because he's trying too hard, and it's obvious----Sorry--I had to say it.

March 31 2007 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nurse4kitties

I think it's narrow-minded to call Greg Behrendt "odd" because of the clothes he wears. Where the heck do some of you live? It's 2007, people!
This man is not "creepy". That is such a stupid remark to make; what is that supposed to mean? Do you even know what "creepy" is? Think Jim and Tammy Fae Bakker.
Greg Behrendt is real. So what if he wears what he wears? Who among any of (you/us) is/are in any position of authority to be the Fashion Police? I'd love to see some of the hecklers post photographs of yourselves so I, for one, can see what the person doing the commenting really looks like. At this juncture, I am going to imagine you have no taste whatsoever and just post this kind of crap to make yourself look cool...sorry, but it's not cool at all. It just sucks.
Greg admits he's had an addiction in the past. So he's been vulnerable. I suppose the detractors out there are shining examples of how people should be.
I happen to think he is a pretty honorable guy; he has done some very generous deeds to help reunite families, get counseling for couples with troubled relationships, and direct people with lousy self-images to feel better about themselves. I think he's a good-hearted guy.
He hasn't sensationalized on paternity testing or toothless backwoods tweakers in love triangles...and
I am sorry to see him go. My guess is that those of you making the most deragatory comments either haven't really watched the program, or else you're incredibly insensitive.
I hope I've made my point.
To sum it all up, for those of you mud-slingers:

Shame on you.

March 23 2007 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Critter

I find it terribly sad that they need to show nudity, nasty language, and a lack of morals to sell talk shows today. Steve Wilkos will just be another Springer/Povich, white-trash train-wreck. With these types of shows AND Reality TV, I'm doing a lot more reading these days.

March 20 2007 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ralph

Canceling the Greg Behrendt show is just ridiculous. Hey, instead of something fresh and new, how about another ten years of this dialogue:

Maury: "So-and-So, you are not the Father!"
So-and-So (jumps up and begins to run around yelling): "Yeah Boyee! I tode you! Yeah, yeah, yeah! I tode you, I tode you! How dat?! Sup now Ho?! Yeah, I tode you!"

Maury and Springer. I can't have that stuff on TV when my daughter is in the room. It is the same stuff over and over and it's all bad for our children, and grown people.

Greg had something different to offer, Advice, Humor, and Solutions. He tried to solve people's problems in a light-hearted way. Sometimes I need a break from all the darn drama in the world and want to relax with a laugh or two.

I truly think that if we judge America by what's on TV lately, then we have got a serious problem. Most of it is completely mindless, and it just got worse with the cancellation of Greg's show.

March 15 2007 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply