July 23, 2014

What if The Office was a crime thriller?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 26th 2007 6:59PM

The OfficeAh, the people of the internets are endlessly clever. In the tradition of recut trailers such as Brokeback To The Future comes The Office...if it was a crime thriller instead of a Must-See comedy.

My favorite parts: the slow motion shot of Jim in the rear view mirror, Dwight and Ryan out in the empty field, and Kevin saying "My God, what have I done?" They should have ended it with Dwight saying "you're dead" though, instead of the gunshot.

I guess TV shows and movies can look like anything you want them to be. It's all in the editing. I want to see The Wire done as a wacky sitcom.

nikescream

That was fantastic.

January 27 2007 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jDub

Curt - the barn and field scenes are from The Initiation, earlier this season. Dwight takes Ryan to the Schrute Beet Farm and he and his cousin Mose try to haze Ryan.

January 27 2007 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

Which episode did the barn and farm clips in that come from? Did I miss one, because I thought I'd seen em all...

I love these recuts. Brokeback to the Future still my favorite to date.

January 27 2007 at 3:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

where is the BSG one?

January 27 2007 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

@Dan,

That was a great find! I remember seeing a similar one for Deadwood, which is equally as good.

January 26 2007 at 8:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jgreene

good stuff there, but i thought that the battlestar galactia one was a bit better

January 26 2007 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy

genius

January 26 2007 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

"I want to see The Wire done as a wacky sitcom"

You've basically got it here.

January 26 2007 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent S.

Testing the new password thing... sorry.

January 26 2007 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent S.

That's nearly as good as the Dumb & Dumber re-cut trailer in horror style. Hilarious find, thanks for sharing.

January 26 2007 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply