October 22, 2014

VH1 nabs Armed & Famous

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 30th 2007 8:27PM
erik estradaCBS dumped Armed & Famous this week after airing four episodes, but now it's going where it belongs: VH1. The 'reality' series stars has-been and pseudo-celebrities like Jack Osbourne, Wee Man, La Toya Jackson, Erik Estrada and Trish Stratus. They all become cadets and go out on the road with real cops in Muncie, Indiana (which commenters tell me isn't that small of a town after all).

VH1 will air a marathon of Armed & Famous on Saturday, topped off with a new episode (#5) at 9 pm. VH1 says it doesn't actually have episodes 6 & 7 but it will air them if the producers get them finished. And the cable network is not ruling out a second season of the series.

Annie

I really enjoyed the show. It was refreshingly different. Unfortunateley I don't know if it is showing on VH1 or not since I live in Canada and am unable to get that channel. If it is running I hope it does well. I think it deserves a chance.

February 18 2007 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
foist

those celebs were making a bigger difference than a police officer could. By sharing their negitive experiences someone experiencing the same thing is more likly to actualy REALY think about it.

February 06 2007 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

I think that CBS lost a great show to a retarded one American Idol is stupid and I think that its sad that a show that potrays a positive side of hollywood actors loses out to a show that bashes people for attempting to sing. Can you say done to DEATH.

February 06 2007 at 4:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

Ok... I may just watch it now.

January 31 2007 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
const

"Muncie, Indiana (which commenters tell me isn't that small of a town after all)"

how very aaron sorkin of you.

January 31 2007 at 8:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

Corporate verticality at its worst.

January 30 2007 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Yes, Vh1 is a much more appropriate network for Armed & Famous - That or TV Land.

January 30 2007 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply