October 21, 2014

Ed Helms now an Office regular

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 1st 2007 4:38PM

Ed HelmsEd Helms' status has been changed from "recurring" to "regular" on The Office.

This is a little surprising to me. I thought that Andy and Karen would only be on the show for this season, since they were the newbies in the Dunder-Mifflin office and were brought over to just be a wrench in the Jim/Pam and Michael/Dwight relationships. And I thought that this was confirmed in the last couple of episodes, since Jim told Karen he still likes Pam and Michael was hip to Andy's sneaky, suckup-ish ways. But I guess that the people behind the scenes have more plans for these two characters.

Of course, Rashida Jones, who plays Karen, still hasn't been made a regular, so maybe she's on her way out after all. Though if Pam gets back together with Roy, maybe Jim will need her again.

Nathan

It's been interesting, Andy makes Dwight an almost like able character, that can't last.

February 01 2007 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie

Whatever. If you watched the producer's cut of "The Return" on the official webpage, you'd see that Andy gets sent to anger management and swears to be back in 5-10 weeks. So this doesn't come as that much of a surprise to me.

February 01 2007 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Derek

In the director's cut of "The Return" on NBC.com, Andy is sent to anger management for his "overreaction". I'm assuming this is how they will deal with his outrageous behavior. I also read somewhere that he wouldn't be appearing in any episodes this month, so I'm sure we'll hear something about that tonight on the show.

February 01 2007 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khamel

i like ed helms but his character has been more irritating than a normal office character. maybe i'll come around or he will be less annoying.

February 01 2007 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

That's kind of surprising to me, too, since Andy's insane overreaction and wall-punching last weekend seemed to indicate to me that he was on the way out as well. Oh well, the Dwight-Andy tension is pretty funny, so it'll be nice to see that again.

February 01 2007 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply