October 24, 2014

Final two seasons of Dinosaurs coming to DVD

by Adam Finley, posted Feb 2nd 2007 7:02PM

DinosaursWe rejoiced when the first two seasons of the Jim Henson Company's Dinosaurs came out on DVD, and now it's time to rejoice again, because seasons three and four will be out on DVD in a single box set sometime this May. There's no official release date yet, and there are no details on extra features just yet, either. What we do know is that all thirty-six episodes from seasons three and four will be included, and that's awesome.

On a more personal note, an incidental character in the episode "If I Were A Tree" is actually named after a friend of mine (actually the younger brother of a friend, but a friend nonetheless) who passed away at a very young age. This is not a lie, the writers changed the name of the character after I wrote a letter to them asking them to dedicate a show to my friend, who liked the show. I consider the name change the next best thing to a dedication. In fact, I still have the episode on tape, and the script they sent me.

Ben

I'm the baby gotta love me!

February 03 2007 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
docrobot

"Looks like we need another Timmy!"

February 03 2007 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent S.

LOVED THIS SHOW! Have the first two seasons on DVD, and by far my favorite episode is the weed reference one. Hilarious stuff...

Don't do drugs kids.

February 03 2007 at 2:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

I just remember thinking this dino family is CREEPY looking...

February 03 2007 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Love this show!

February 03 2007 at 12:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

NOT THE MOMMA!

February 02 2007 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wild Bill

What Adam left out is that we were just teenagers at the time; pretty bold for a Freshman. Thanks again, Man.

February 02 2007 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

This is awesome. I remember watching this as a kid, I picked up season one and two as soon as it was released. I emailed disney awhile back and asked if they planned on releasing the last two, and they said they weren't. Can't wait for it to come out. Are they going to be together like season one and two, or are they going to take even more of my money?

February 02 2007 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply