The Five: Random quotes from the press tour
So, here are five random quotes from my week in Pasadena, presented for your amusement:
1. "Yes. It's called 25. It's like 24, except there's one more." - Chris Rock, when a reporter asked him if he was working on a new show. One of the other reporters actually responded to this by asking, "Are you serious?"
2. "One smart aleck said it should be 'Come on down.' 'Come on up' I'll go along with, but I don't want it to be 'Come on down.'" - Bob Barker, when a reporter asked him what he'd like his epitaph to be (a touchy question to ask an 83 year-old, I'd imagine).
3. "Yeah I got one of the suits. I keep it in my gay room." - Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement) when I asked him if he was allowed to keep his costume from The Tick.
4. "If I can do one thing as a writer and creator, it's bring down that old bitch." - Ricky Blitt, co-creator (with Seth McFarlane) of FOX's The Winner, after explaining that "Faye Dunaway" is usually the response when he asks people about what their worst celebrity encounter is.
5. "We rehearsed it with British accents for a while and we felt, maybe we should do it straight." - Ed Helms, on doing the episode of The Office that was written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
(FYI, everyone attending the CBS presentation got their own The Price is Right-style name tag to wear before Barker came out... they had us play replicas of the Dice Game, Plinko, and the Big Wheel. No prizes offered, though... kinda takes the fun out of it, know what I mean?)