April 23, 2014

Don't forget! We're covering the Super Bowl tonight

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 4th 2007 3:31PM

Well, not the game. I mean, really. But we'll be covering the new, expensive commercials that are going to debut tonight. Coverage begins around 6:30pm, right when the game is supposed to start, but there will be probably be an hour of player introductions, coin flipping, and steroid testing.

By the way, the pre-game coverage is taking place on CBS right now. It started a month ago.

David

This is the worst Super Bowl in awhile, it's a shame the Pats had to blow it because they could have easily won another pissing off the country some more.

And the few commericals I have seen are shit or old and shit.

February 04 2007 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blerten

I humbly disagree, but maybe we just have different standards. I enjoyed the GM Robot, the Blockbuster mouse, the Fed Ex "moon office," and of course the brief Letterman-Oprah duet;-)(That Snickers ad though - talk about offensive.)

February 04 2007 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

So far, some of the worst football and some of the worst commercials in Super Bowl history.

I thought the Chevy spot was nice, but the Bud stuff has been embarrasingly bad.

February 04 2007 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blerten

Well, that was JUST what I'd expect from a Sound of Miami/Cirque du Soleil pre-game show - surreal, weird, athletic, odd, and ... well, entertaining in a totally mindless, "at least this isn't an ad" kinda way;-)

February 04 2007 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

Just saw the new Taco Bell commercial with the lions on the pre-game. I thought I read somewhere that was one of the ones airing during the game. Kind of boring.

So far we have had alot of Pizza Hut and Geico commercials. I do love the caveman with the psychiatrist commercial.

February 04 2007 at 4:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply