April 20, 2014

The Super Bowl XLI commercials: Summary

by Keith McDuffee, posted Feb 4th 2007 10:31PM

MOTH

The two best were definitely the taco bell commercial with the lions and the E trade one finger commercial.

February 05 2007 at 6:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maxwell

Was the Bud Light slap one a take-off of the WIMYM Slap Bet episode? Or at least inspired by it? If not, it's an impressive run for the humor of slaps...

February 05 2007 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WhizGidget

You guys forgot the Career Builder "Promotion Pit"

February 05 2007 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
braden

Thank you for showing the Super Bowl ads. Unfortunately, I live in Canada where due to the CRTC (a government body that regulates what gets shown on Canadian media) I was not able to watch the commercials while watching the Super Bowl. I had to watch the same old boring Canadian commercials that I had already seen before. As well as some political attack ads. Classy!!!.
My favourite commercial is probably the Blockbuster one with the hampsters. I found the Budweiser commercials to be dull and repetitive. They really didn't do anything that they hadn't already done before.

February 05 2007 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

The K-Fed commercial I think was far and away the best. Where's that one on your list?

February 05 2007 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shannon

I also enjoyed the Bud Light one with Carlos Mencia teaching the english class to the immigrants.

February 05 2007 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
June Stevenson

The commercials flew by so fast, had to I presume to get their monies worth,I didn,t know what they were selling.My age could have added to the confusion. They sure wasted their money on me.2007 by June S

February 05 2007 at 9:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blake

I think Budweiser is going to lead the polls for the best commercial again this year. However, there were a few more contenders this year, in particular I like the robot from General Motors.

See for yourself, Super Bowl Commercial Poll: http://todayspolls.googlepages.com/superbowl_commercials

February 05 2007 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

@ #20...

Dude, you didn't know Prince could wail on a guitar? For shame.... for shame....

(or, I'm just getting too old).

February 05 2007 at 4:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grim

The only one I thought was remotely funny was the Robert Goulet one.

February 05 2007 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply